Aluminum Rear Deck Storage

Started by Kmwrock, January 21, 2018, 09:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmwrock

Hello. I am new to the forum. We just bought a 2012 QS 10. Can you order an Aluminum Rear Storage Deck?

smjcolsga

Kmwrock, yes.. but only when placing an order for a newly built camper.. there are structural differences (under body supports, extended frame rails, more rearward offset to axle, etc) which allow LL to put that deck on the back and retain structural support without negatively affecting handling and load capacity. It's been asked before and unfortunately LL does not recommend adding a deck as an 'upgrade'. 

Congrats on your purchase.. you have one of the last of the 'all aluminum' QS 10's .. in mid-2017 LL switched to styro and fiberglass composite floors and walls.

Entropy3XD

There was a user with a 10.0 who had an extra aluminum bar welded right behind the bumper to double the thickness.  He then added a receiver hitch where he could add a storage shelf.  Looked like a great option, but I'm not sure how much weight it could hold.  LL rates the rear deck at 150 lbs. max.  He had a video on the mod, but looks like his YouTube account is not longer active. 

If you join the Livin' Lite Tent Campers group on Facebook, there is a user named Kurt who is the current owner.  I just asked him if he could provide pics of the mod, but it's in storage, so he won't be able to take pics until the spring.

smjcolsga

Quote from: Entropy3XD on January 22, 2018, 06:14:59 PM
LL rates the rear deck at 150 lbs. max. 

Which, as I understand it, is the maximum recommended load that will not overly lighten the tongue weight which would adversely affect handling. Structurally, the deck will support far more than 150lbs (It easily supports 185+ lbs when I stand on it)

Kmwrock

x46415

Hi, we're looking into buying a Quicksilver 10.0; have been watching YouTube but haven't seen one in person yet. Can someone please provide the dimensions of the Aluminum Rear Deck (length x width)? Thanks.

RockorSomething

Quote from: x46415 on June 10, 2018, 11:02:21 AM
Hi, we're looking into buying a Quicksilver 10.0; have been watching YouTube but haven't seen one in person yet. Can someone please provide the dimensions of the Aluminum Rear Deck (length x width)? Thanks.

The deck on our 8.1 is approximately 62"x25" and is VERY MUCH worth getting if possible. In fact, that was one of the factory options that drew me to Livin Lite.