Questions about 2018 CL16TBS

Started by ADR, December 08, 2017, 12:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ADR

Looking at CL16TBS and have a few questions-  I'd call the dealer but they are closed due to inclement weather today.

The front bases to the 2 twin (roughly) mattresses-  I assume the areas under both sides of the twin beds lift up to access the storage area underneath-  if so are they hinged at the front or the sides?  I am aware that the front portion is a pass through all the way across.

I'm also confused by the ceiling mounted fans- the $3500 XL package states it includes fan(s).    Yet the sheet we have says they are a $420 option!

Does the Off Road package raise the trailer?  If yes, by how much?

Where does the range hood vent?  Other travel trailers I've had it was out the wall- but I see no vent there in the pics.

TIA!

DavidM

This is for a 2013 16TBS so some of the info may be off for the 2018:

The curb side bed has a hinged compartment that flips up with the hot water heater and pump underneath. Nothing on the street side bed.

I suspect the $3,500 is for a package of stuff and the $420 is for a single option.

The off road packags raises the camper about 4". We have had our standard one on some pretty rutted FS roads with no problems. The waste tank valves are a littile higher than on other LLs and that is the lowest and most vulnerable point.

No vent for the range.

David

ADR

Thanks!

The 2018 the water heater is on the driver/left/street side...don't know where the water pump is at the moment.
So are you saying one side has nothing under it and cannot be accessed?

Digging further today it appears the XL package has Vortex fans and maybe the option is for the 2 Fantastic fans instead?

I'm not really interested in the off road package and frankly if it raises the height above that of our Transit high roof van that will be a problem.  But the trailer we are looking at already has it, so....

Regarding that- I was very disappointed to see the newer CL's have gone to a leaf spring axle, I much prefer the Torflex type.   Will look at what it would take to swap it out if we buy the CL.

DavidM

Yes, I have always wondered why they boxed in the street side with no access to it. I too wonder what is underneath. I suspect it is the fresh water tank that sticks up above floor level.

David

DavidM

Whoops! I got to thinking, why would yours be reversed right to left to mine. Well, I was wrong. The water heater is on the street side like yours.

David

chappy133

Drivers side under the bunk has the hot water heater and water pump. Two screws hold the lid on mine. The fresh water tank is under mounted and does not extend into this area on our 2016.

I wanted the off road package so we can go boon docking in the future.

The hinge is our board on the passenger side. 

Not sure on the fans.

I wish our hood would vent outside. Could be a future upgrade for us.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

ADR

I created all kinds of hidden storage on our Rpod...they had some really large areas blocked off for really no good reason.
There was a huge area behind the radio that I cut an opening into- lots of extra storage.
They had panels in the back of cabinets blocking off an extra foot of space- took them out.
The built in microwave died- it was mounted on a panel with about a foot of inaccessible space behind it- bought a new one and put it at the back with now a large area in front of it to put bread and chips etc...

I'll be pulling that panel up if I get the CL and see what type of storage I can free up in there.   Even if a little hard to get to it is useful for seldom used stuff/spare parts you hope you never need etc.

chappy133

I found an area under our frig next to the furnace. Great place for shoes.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

ADR

Yep found that space next to the furnace too-  they do have a flexiduct hose coming out of the heater going through the floor to heat the tanks...
I'm going to remove the hose, plug the hole in the floor and the heater and take advantage of that space.
I will retain the ability to quickly switch back to the hose in the event we camp where tank heat is needed.