Questions

Started by Ghuzz, December 06, 2017, 04:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghuzz

Does anyone here use a Toyota 4 Runner as their tow vehicle? if so, hows it do?  Also when you store your camper, do you put it up on blocks to take the weight off the tires? I live in Arizona and rented covered storage is the best I can do.  I want to buy a 13 qbb or a 14db as soon as I find the right deal on a used one. I missed out on a nice one last summer, but I am still looking for the right one to come around. 

DavidM

Others here tow the 13/14' LLs with the 4Runner. We tow our 16TBS just fine with a 2013 Pathfinder.  The Pathfinder is about the same weight as the 4Runner but with its frame on body construction (maybe that is the older model) the 4Runner will be better at towing than our unit body crossover. The older 4Runner comes with a V8 which should make it a very solid TV, easily capable of towing a 21.

David

Dogkinkead

I'm using a 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 V6 as my tow vehicle for a 13QBB and have had no issues.  I have to admit it works a bit pulling the rig over the mountains in WV but wheel base is long enough and the motor is powerful enough to get the job done.  I also admit I'm struck with truck envy every now and then but work requires me to park in an underground garage so that passes pretty quickly.