Wood products in Camplite 2016

Started by nanette, November 20, 2017, 10:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nanette

I have been in search to best understand the use of wood in the construction of Camplite trailers. My daughter has severe, life threatening concerns with issues of mold and this is why we are wanting to purchase a Camplite...because of their claims of not using wood products. I have spend many hours searching for answers, but am finding conflicting reports. We found a new 2016 on an RV lot that we like very much, but we are now concerned that the inner door and cabinet backs may be a wood product. I have contacted the seller to ask when the 2016 was assembled with hopes that I can find out if any wood was used in the construction of the cabinets or doors. I've also read that Jan 2016 models were still an aluminum roofs, yet later, they are not? This has lead me to believe that we need to try to find an older model...so in my search for the older models that have the aluminum floors with aluminum framed cabinetry...I have come across people posting that wood was used ( the company, Challenger Doors ) in early models ( 2011? ) in the interior of the cabinets and interior of the door? I sure would LOVE to find out if Camplite makes a trailer that doesn't have wood in its construction.

LANA/LARRY

Nannette,
Best person to answer your wood questions would probably be Dan Miller - he is a long time Camplite employee who is very helpful and is moderator for this forum.

My understanding so far as flooring goes is that the new composite floors contain no wood and of course aluminum floors on older units don't either. I don't think either style roof, aluminum or membrane contain wood either. Your concern about cabinetry is well founded. I think trailers equipped with the optional aluminum cabinet door package do not have wood in their construction. Please verify all this with Dan Miller.

Hope this helps, take care & God Bless!
2018 CL21RBS
2016 Tundra Dbl Cab Tow Pkg 5.7 L

djsamuel

I think the cabinet faces would be your only issue if they are the wood cabinet doors.  Other than that, the cabinets themselves have no wood.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

DavidM

The "older" Camplites built roughly before 2016 with the aluminum roofs and the Azdel cabinets had virtually no wood. The only possible wood discussed over the years was the core of the door and I think it only affected some doors.

Later Camplites with the rubber roof and composite floor should also be the same as long as they have the Azdel cabinets.

Now I can't begin to say definitively whether your daughter could be affected by this minor amount of wood which could potentially cause mold, but I seriously doubt it.

David

nanette

Thank you all for responding to my question. It is very helpful in getting me closer to purchasing a Camplite with more confidence. Will Dan Miller see my post and comment?

thx

LANA/LARRY

Dan probably will see it, but to be certain of getting his input, you should be able to send him a direct inquiry. Go to top of screen and pull "My Messages" down. Select "Send A Message" and type in Dan's name along with your inquiry.

May God bless you and your Family this Thanksgiving and always! I hope you end up with a Camplite and enjoy yours as much as we do our CL21RBS. Perhaps we will cross trails at a campground in the future!
2018 CL21RBS
2016 Tundra Dbl Cab Tow Pkg 5.7 L

klaker

Responded to your other post:

Buy a pre 2017 LL. My 21 was built in Dec of 2015, it is titled as a 2016 and has the aluminum roof and floor. By 2016 the aluminum cabinets were an option so not all of them will have them, IMHO the most important items are the floor and roof.

My camper has the wood cabinet doors but I don't mind, it is the white and makes the interior look real nice.

check with http://morealuminumtrailers looks like they have a new 2016 in stock.

quitzonsandy

I appreciate your time and effort in answering my inquiry. It's a big assistance and makes me feel more confident about buying a Camplite. When I post a comment, will Dan Miller see it? geometry dash

lisapurnellsw

Camplite trailers are known for their unique construction approach that involves the use of aluminum rather than wood. Unlike traditional RVs and trailers that often incorporate wood in their construction, Camplite trailers are designed to be lightweight, durable, and resistant to issues that can arise from wood-based construction, such as rot, warping, and pests.

timothyferriss

Camplite trailers are a good option for people who are concerned about mold, but they are not completely wood-free. If you are absolutely set on finding a travel trailer retro bowl without wood, you may want to consider other manufacturers.

kalyl

They should be able to provide you with detailed specifications buckshot roulette online for the model you are interested in, including information about the materials used in the interior.