Storage

Started by Colby6512, November 06, 2017, 11:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colby6512

I just bought a 2017 16BHB. I would like to get some opinions on best practices for storage to maintain the RV. I have looked into covered/car port storage and in my town I am finding it way too expensive at $180/month. I found a great deal to store the unit outside and uncovered in a lot. In my climate we get a lot of snow and a lot of sun so I am concerned about leaving a brand new unit exposed in a field for 4 months. Are my concerns unjustified? I have considered a cover but have read negative things about moisture issues when you cover an RV. This is my first RV so I am a total rookie.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

DavidM

I keep my 2013 16tbs (with the aluminum roof) outside uncovered in NW Connecticut. No problems. I do check it periodically for water intrusion, but even if it does get inside....

Rubber roofs should do the same.

David

klaker

Currently mine is outside, 2016 21BHS with the aluminum roof. I do plan on keeping it covered starting next summer to keep the sun off it. The rain and snow don't bother me too much it is the UV rays that will destroy the paint, graphics, and tires.

They do make waterproof, breathable covers so using one of those and leaving the roof vents cracked open there shouldn't be any moisture issues. You can also leave damp-rid containers in the camper.

LANA/LARRY

If you decide to go with a cover, take a look at Carver Covers. Google for suppliers. They are breathable and very tough with a 5 year warranty. I'm storing mine this winter since it is brand new, found a place for $80/month. Will be using a Carver after next season.
2018 CL21RBS
2016 Tundra Dbl Cab Tow Pkg 5.7 L

chappy133

Our camper at its storage location with the aluminum roof reflecting back to the bird.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

AWOL

Just took the Bungalette (11FK) to an old limestone mine here in Western Pa. Quite a few of those around. About 3/4 mile in, constant 52 degrees (no winterizing), constant 60% humidity (I added a desiccant tub from Home Depot) and DARK. $190 total for storage from 1 October thru 30 April. I have access if needed.
Dean