QS10.0 First Mods

Started by smjcolsga, October 29, 2017, 06:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smjcolsga

1) Camco Single LP Tank Cover and battery disconnect switch.

smjcolsga

2) LP Hose holder on back of dinette so it doesn't flop around when raising/lowering top cabinet.

3/4" electrical conduit clamp thru bolted to back of cabinet.

smjcolsga

3) Dinette bench top lids. One of the things we noticed was the hatch covers on the dinettes 'bend' under weight and can suddenly collapse into the bench, esp. in warmer weather and def when kneeled upon! Solution was to use a 3/8" thick sheet of abs plastic connected as a hinged lid to the benches, an unanticipated bonus was that it also perfectly leveled the platform when the table was folded down into a bed!

23" x 48 3/16" x .375" abs sheet with 1/2" radiused corners sourced from TAP Plastics in Ca thru online order. 48" x 1 1/2" piano hinge sourced from Lowes.

smjcolsga

smjcolsga

Level with folded down table

Entropy3XD

Quote from: smjcolsga on October 29, 2017, 06:02:10 PM
1) Camco Single LP Tank Cover and battery disconnect switch.

I'm stealing every one of these mods, starting with this one.  For the tank and battery, did you have to move them forward to fit the tank cover, or were they already in those spots?  I have the same Camco cover, but there is no room between the front of the camper and the tank.  You did an amazing job on the bench mod. 

smjcolsga

The LP tank and battery were in the positions shown on my camper, I didn't have to move them. I was thinking that I'd have to move the LP gas pressure regulator to fit the cover, but as it turned out this cover fit perfectly without mod. I did drill two holes in the bottom rear edge of the cover to run large tie straps thru to secure it to the frame. Thanks for the compliment on the benches. Look for my FB post in the QS tent camper group for some installation details and better pics.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1038035702999283/permalink/1118095448326641/