Adzel Wall Interior

Started by Jackson, October 29, 2017, 12:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson

If I wished to attach something to the Adzel wall on the interior might I use sheet metal screws? In other words is there an interior layer of aluminum?

DavidM

For light attachments to the walls, use Command Strips. But for heavy stuff, you need to find the aluminum stud behind it and screw into that. There is nothing behind the Azdel to screw into other than the studs.

David

Jackson

Thanks David.  I can scrap that idea.

DanM

I found some plastic screw inserts that collapse into wings, kind of like moly bolts.  These worked for my toilet paper roll holder and a few other light items. 

I hung a medicine cabinet and got screws into some aluminum and used a few of these inserts too.

Dseames

So the command strips are safe to use on the inner walls? I was told by livin lite to treat the interior like wall paper. They didn't know if command strips would be ok. Have others used them successfully,  and removed them without damage?

I just bought a super strong suction cup short bar for hanging towels, or heavier items, and it seems to have a really strong hold. Would like to try command hooks, but would Luke to hear from others who have used them.

Mitch

Command strips are fine, I use them for a variety of things with no problems and other have posted the same.  I'd venture to say that they are the go to attaching system for many of us.

Huckleberry Hound

Yes, Command Strips are fine.