WATER PUMP - Winterize..

Started by 7thunders, October 27, 2017, 12:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7thunders

Travel Trailer:  16 DBS 2017
I'm winterizing a have a question on the Water pump.  I have the lines blown out, and ready to "hand pump" the antifreeze through out the lines   My question is will this pumping push antifreeze through the water pump? or does water only come into the pump from the fresh water tank? I never used the fresh water tank since the 16DBS  was purchased new.  Is there another way I need to approach the pump? its in a rather tight location.  I"ve seen/read some people disconnect lines and connect to pump lines but again its in a very tight location under bed next to hot water heater. 
any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Rob
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

Mitch

I'm pretty sure the pump has a check valve on the output end so if your hand pumping past that point you won't get any anti-freeze into it. 

DavidM

After draining down the entire system, I open the strainer on the suction of the pump to drain any water out. Then with the strainer open, I break the output connection on the pump and turn it on for a few seconds. This blows any water out of the pump. No antifreeze needed.

David

7thunders

The position the pumps in, I can remove the strainer, and maybe the input line to the pump but if turned on I assume it will spray all over the lines and wiring in that little compartment under the bed.  IM to big..to get into little places especially when that bed only lifts abut 45 degrees ...I will see what I can do to get into it though..thanks
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser