Negotiating Camplite dealer price?

Started by drhoda, October 14, 2017, 08:38:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhoda

So if a dealer is giving me a internet price on a 2018 21rbs for 30,900 is that a good price or should I expect better? He claims it is $12,000 below MSRP.

wakeboydb

That's not a bad price but nobody is paying msrp.
2017 21BHS

bgewin

That sounds a little high.  I'd expect closer to 28K for that model.  It also depends on where you're buying it.  The closer to the midwest the cheaper it will be.  I would just check rvtrader.com and get a sense of what the lowest price is.  As already mentioned no one pays MSRP and dealers just use that as a way of making you feel like you're getting a deal.

Lighthouse

Don't forget to consider what options are included (aluminum cabinet doors, off road package, larger AC unit, larger propane tanks, electric awning, TV).  They can add over $2000 to the list price. You need to also consider if freight is included or additional.  Depending on where you are buying, the freight could easily add another $1000 or more to the price.  You can use RVTrader.com to compare prices but buying local is a major consideration since you'll need to get the unit home (time and gas money).  Plus you'll need a reliable local dealer to handle any warranty issues, even though it is well built...stuff happens.   
2017 16TBS
Ram 1500 Quad 4x4

djmiller

Visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/LivinLite  and look for the dealer inventory button.
You can view the inventory of Livinlite product on any dealer that uses the RVT software for their website.
You can see other dealers selling the same product.

-Dan

RandR

I am not clear on this, is the XL LIVING PACKAGE and the PLATINUM PACKAGE $3,500 MSRP each? I am looking at buying a 21RBS and it appears to be different with some dealers. Can anyone clear this up?

oilfieldtrash08

Almost all campers no matter the brand have about a 40% markup