Just bought 2016 16TBS

Started by dlbcamp, June 17, 2017, 08:52:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlbcamp

We just bought our first trailer.  2 yr old 16TBS in great condition for $18k. Probably around 8k miles on it.  They upgraded the leather-type couch and twin mattresses.

Would appreciate any advice on using and maintaining the trailer. Am going to wash it and put on a nice coat of wax, for starters.

Thanks!!

chappy133

Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

7thunders

Congrats. 
we have a 16DBS 'new' travel trailer .  Yep keep em clean . Not a lot of tips we can provide you since we are fairly new
at camping too.  Do a few trial runs to the local campground to see what you need or will need that you forgot to pack.
Keep us posted how it goes.
Rob and Judi
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

MarshHawk

Hi! I just bought the same model but a 2018, and I am a total trailer newbie as well. It seems we are starting this journey together! First trip will be at the end of August when we pick up our trailer in Illinois. I hope to learn from this group. 🙂
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Ford F-150 3.5L Eco Boost (GTDI)
10 speed trans 4x4 Off Road
Max Towing pkg.

chappy133

MarshHawk, We enjoy camping at Assateague Island every year and may head back in October. Enjoy your new Campers!
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

MarshHawk

Crappy, I'm fortunate to be able get to Assateague in 30 mins, so I go kayaking there often. I like your kayak carrier. What brand is it , and how do you like it?
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Max Towing pkg.

chappy133

Crappy :o ???

Prorac http://www.truckrackdepot.com/ProRac-Tonneau-Cover-Rack_p_237.html

We like but it can be a PIA to put on & take off.

I forgot to add a piece of advice for the newbies. Do not take off the safety chains until your tires are chalked and raised off the tow hitch. Give it a shove if stable then un chain.

Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

MarshHawk

Lol...Chappy!!   That darn spell check.. I KNOW I typed Chappy
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Max Towing pkg.

ckhills

We just got our 2016 16TBS too.  It was new on the lot.  Looking forward to our first outing on Labor Day. 
Northeast Ohio
2016 Camplite 16TBS

chappy133

Nice looking camper. Enjoy! 
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

ckhills

Thanks!  On our journey to bring our camper home from the MI dealer, we got stopped twice by people admiring the camper and wondering what it was and where they could get one!!  Funny, no one did that in our Jayco pop up!!   :)
Northeast Ohio
2016 Camplite 16TBS

7thunders

Enjoyed camping now at Nittany Mountain, KOA, Cape Henlopen Delaware, and Parker Dam State Park Pa. , our 16DBS worked like a charm. pulled very well down the highway.
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser