Dual Battery Box

Started by Lighthouse, October 03, 2017, 12:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Can anyone recommend a dual battery box that fits inside the battery rack on the newer Camplites.  I understand the battery rack is a rather new addition to a standard build.  The depth of the aluminum battery rack is 8.5" with a 1" lip.  That is quite narrow and all the dual battery boxes I've looked at exceed that critical depth measurement.  Mounting one of those larger boxes without removing that 1" lip will reduce the vertical clearance so it looks like it will not fit because the top of the battery box will hit the front camper wall due to the curvature of that front wall (the diamond plate section).  There is only 14" of clearance between the bottom of the battery rack and the front wall of the camper.  I was hoping that I could place two 6 volt batteries in one dual battery box on the existing battery rack, but I have not found a dual box with that small of a footprint.  I may have to install the 2-6V batteries in separate battery boxes which will increase cabling distances.  I could cut off the 1 inch lip on the battery rack, but I hate taking that destructive step.  Any advice?
2017 16TBS
Ram 1500 Quad 4x4

DavidM

Noco makes a line of very rugged battery boxes with models suitable for two GCs. Search Amazon for them. Don't know if they fit the racks but the ads give their outside dimensions.

David

chappy133

Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

Lighthouse

Thanks Chappy and David for the info.  I'm not finding any dual boxes with a 8 1/2 inch width.  Looks like I'm forced to go with two single boxes.
2017 16TBS
Ram 1500 Quad 4x4