New from central PA

Started by ramblnrev1, September 30, 2017, 09:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramblnrev1

My name is Lee, although ramblnrev1 was a trail name from backpacking days. We recently bought a used 2013 13qbb and have been out on one shake down trip. We are heading out for another in a week or so.  I installed a couple of solar panels on the trailer in hopes of being able to keep the battery charged when we are off the grid. Looking forward to information and discussion through the forum.

rgb13qbb

Hi Lee:
My wife and I have a 2012 13QBB and love it. Down sized from an Airstream Argosy that we had for many years. The 13QBB makes a great three season base camp for hiking, fishing, cycling, and hunting. We hope to give some winter camping trips a shot this year and do some cross-country ski weekends.

Our 13QBB was originally configured with the jackknife sofa. We found out real quick that you could not open the bathroom door very far when the sofa was in the bed configuration. Not good, so I have reconfigured our 13QBB into a dinette which we much prefer and we can still make it down into a bed of one of the grandkids is tagging along. Although we seldom eat in the trailer unless the weather is bad or very cold out the table gives added "counter top" space which is nice.

CampLite's seem to have a following here in the Northeast, Connecticut is home for us. Let us know if you have any questions we may be able to help you with.

Welcome aboard!
Best regards,
Randy

chappy133

Welcome and Greetings from Easton, PA!  We are headed to COL Denning SP CG in a couple of weeks.

Always enjoy camping at PA State Campgrounds.

Chuck
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

RockorSomething

Welcome from Schuylkill County; Shenandoah Heights, specifically.

I have to echo Chappy and recommend State Parks. Promised Land, Hickory Run, Locust Lake, etc.,

Seven Points (Raystown Lake) should be relatively close to you and is run by the Army Corp of Engineers/Federal. Probably the nicest campground I've ever been to - and for only about $29 a night.

Entropy3XD

Another fan of PA state parks here.  I'm in Maryland and we go up there all the time.  Codorus is one of our favorites.

7thunders

From Wilkes-Barre Area in Pennsylvania.  Heading to Parker Dam STate Park this weekend Oct.6th to observe the Elk population and bugling during the Rut season.  Glad to see many Pennsylvania people here.  would like to check out that Raystown lake Seven points site someday. sounds great.
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

rgb13qbb

Rob:
How was your trip to Parker Dam State Park? Nothing like hearing the bulls bugling during the rut.

Randy

7thunders

rgb........... We had a great trip to Parker Dam state park.  the campground was very neat and clean, packed full of camper for the 5 days .  WE did a lot of hiking and sightseeing.  We ran up to Elk County visitor center, Winslow viewing center and a spot near Karthas(spelling?). It was a trip to remember watching the elk, two bull elks pacing back and forth in the field. and Bugling.  yes the Bugling sound is incredible..what wildlife. 

I"d be happy to go back again.
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser