Quicksilver tent camper dealers

Started by Mike E, September 25, 2017, 02:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike E

I am trying to find the nearest dealer of Quicksilver tent campers.  I live in Rochester, NY, I tried to use the company dealer locator but the dealer it gave me does sell the tent campers.  I tried to contact someone at the company and they gave me dealers of their truck campers.  When I informed them of the error (I was polite, hey these things happen) I got no response.  So anyone out there have any suggestions for I would be very appreciative.

smjcolsga

Livin' Lite would like its customers to 'buy local' but what is 'local' when the nearest dealer is more than 100 miles away and doesn't have any comparable units in stock to look at.. you may as well be mail-ordering the camper since you're buying one sight-unseen. Prosser RV in Sturtevant, WI seems to be one of the bigger LL dealers in the country and often has multiple Quicksilver tent campers listed in their inventory. No affiliation, just personal observation.

http://www.prosserrv.com/default.asp?page=xmbNewInventory&sz=10&filter=&order=&year=&manuf=LivinLite&model=&bodytype=Trailer&bodysubtype=Tent+Trailer

Entropy3XD

I just did a quick search on RVTrader.  Al-Pro RV in alliance comes up as the closest (238 miles) and the next closest was Leo's Vacation Center in Gambrills, MD (just under 300 miles).  Leo's is close to me, so if you have any questions about their offerings, let me know.  I was just in there on Saturday taking a look at a 2018 14XLP they have in stock.

smjcolsga

A 2018 14XLP? If so, that is a rare bird indeed! Did it have the alu plank floor or composite?

Entropy3XD

Quote from: smjcolsga on September 25, 2017, 04:24:47 PM
A 2018 14XLP? If so, that is a rare bird indeed! Did it have the alu plank floor or composite?

Composite.  Overall it looked pretty good and they added a little of the trim back into the kitchenette, but not all of it, and had it secured with screws.  The only real problem I saw were the brackets holding up the water tank on the underbelly. 

RockorSomething

Shady Maple RV in PA (Lancaster area) is an 'LL dealer, though they don't have any in stock.
They will order one, as they did for my wife and I.
Order to completion took about 6 weeks.

If a dealer can order the truck camper, they should be able to order a tent camper.

If you are buying new, my advice is to factory order it to your specifications.
Then it will be EXACTLY as you want it.

smjcolsga

Quote from: RockorSomething on September 26, 2017, 04:17:28 AM

If you are buying new, my advice is to factory order it to your specifications.
Then it will be EXACTLY as you want it.

...as long as what you want includes a composite floor and, apparently now, laminated fiberglass exterior walls... my advice from personal experience would be to see one in-person before ordering anything, and even then be very specific about product details when placing your order. It seems the quicksilver product is in a transition period right now with changes being introduced mid-way in current year 2018 production runs. We have also seen variations in build quality where even frame supports are not consistently welded up in the same way unit to unit. This is all most likely due to KZ integrating the build of these units into their other product lines, imo.
Hopefully, build quality and consistency will return as new production processes mature for these campers.

djmiller

Truck Camper Warehouse is probably your closest stocking dealer 
http://truckcamperwarehouse.com/livin-lite/

-Dan

rob

The negativity and sarcastic comments by some are becoming, quite honestly, a little childish and troll-ish. 

I get it.  You don't like some of the changes, but others do.  Two of my friends found my QS too cold and industrial but love the new, softer look.  One has already purchased a QS and is picking it up this weekend while the other will be purchasing come the Spring (needs a better TV).  All of us selected Livinlite based upon one ultimate factor:  Size to Weight Ratio.

2016 Jeep Patriot
2015 QS 8.1

smjcolsga

Quote from: rob on September 27, 2017, 01:17:32 PM
I get it.  You don't like some of the changes, but others do.  Two of my friends found my QS too cold and industrial but love the new, softer look.  One has already purchased a QS and is picking it up this weekend while the other will be purchasing come the Spring (needs a better TV).  All of us selected Livinlite based upon one ultimate factor:  Size to Weight Ratio.

And as INFORMED purchasers I'm sure your friends will be happy with what they have... no one here is saying don't buy these campers, only that they should be aware that these are not entirely the same as your 2015 model, or even last year's for that matter.  Whether that is perceived as good or bad will no doubt be influenced by what was expected.. personally, I think some of the changes to come ARE improvements, the switch to the 2200# axle for one, for others, the jury is still out and time will tell. I am sorry if any of MY comments have offended you (not sure since you didnt directly quote me) but I think these MAJOR changes should be made known upfront (in the 'News and Announcements' section of this forum, perhaps?)  and not discovered after the fact by unsuspecting buyers. Please, by all means invite your friends to share their experiences here once they receive their new campers, that is what this forum is for.. isn't it?

Also, My apologogies to the OP that this thread got hijacked...  :-\

otis

Explore popular RV classified websites like pizza tower RV Trader, Craigslist, or even Facebook Marketplace. These platforms often have listings from both dealers and private sellers.