Cleaning canvas top

Started by Shellee, September 22, 2017, 01:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellee

Anyone ever taken the canvas top off your QS and cleaned it yourself or had it professionally cleaned. It seems that in less than a year and 15 camping outings, my cover is taking a beating with dirt and especially mildew, and it is almost impossible to clean while the unit is assembled. Suggestions, comments, thanks.

rob

I have cleaned it myself using mild soap and water. I am able to do everything but the top by using a stool.  I have used a ladder and car wash brush to do the top.

I have noticed that this summer has been especially humid and we have received more than our share of rain, so I too am getting mildew spots..................mind you that I am on my third season.  I purchased a vinyl mildew cleaner that is labelled for marine and RV use.  I spot tested it with excellent exterior results and it took about 4 weeks before spots reappeared.  The tent will be getting some extra care in the coming weeks before we pack up for the season. 

I do remove the tent every year and store it in a safe and dry place.  I can remove it alone and have put it back on alone, but it is more of a two or three person job.  I also find it difficult to properly dry the tent when it is not on the trailer.   
2016 Jeep Patriot
2015 QS 8.1

Sal42457

I used Concrodium mold and mildew eraser purchased at Home Depot

chilchele

I used the 303 viny and fabric cleaner on the top (to remove some tree and pollen dirt), with a pole brush from amazon. Then I used the same cleaner on the inside to try and remove stains on the inside where the seams leak. My top looks great but it is newer, and I got about 80% of the stains off of the inside material. I have a bunch on new stains inside from where it leaked this weekend, so I am going to try the Chemical Brothers Fabric cleaner this time around for the inside.....but I do recommend the 303 vinyl and fabric cleaner for the top outside.

polly38293

Add any additional features you deem necessary, such as advanced trading options, multiple currency support, or enhanced security measures. Poker Apps Ltd homepage

sophia2005

Consider removing the canvas top and either cleaning Mapquest Directions it yourself with a mild detergent and brush or cleaning it professionally to ensure it's thoroughly restored. Regular maintenance can prevent dirt and mildew buildup and extend the life of your cover.