Upgrading interior floor - 2010 8.0

Started by Kevin D, September 17, 2017, 11:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin D

Just picked up a well maintained 2010 8.0. Previous owner installed some commercial sticky carpet squares. We plan to pull them up and would like to install some premium vinyl floor like we have in our house. The bottom is cork, and they are planks that lock together. I assume I would just need to pull everything out, including the cabinets and air conditioner frame. Current thought process is to just "float" the floor with no adhesive. I'm concerned with the big temperature changes with the aluminum plank underneath.  I know the newer models have some type of vinyl on the floor. Anyone completed a similar project and have any words of wisdom?

smjcolsga

I thought of adding a thin-ish composite plank floor to my 2018 10.0 to try to stiffen the composite floor up and had the same thought as you to remove the kitchenette and ac box, however, in my case the heater inlet/exhaust which exits the camper body would probably need some 'adjusting' if everyyhing were raised up by 3/16" or so.. how thick is your flooring material?

Kevin D

The product we used in the house is 1/4"