Getting the new build information out!

Started by MarshHawk, September 16, 2017, 08:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshHawk

As a consumer, and active in a lot of RV forums and Facebook, I see so much confusion and misinformation on the new 2018 Platinum package, and options such as fiberglass, new floor, underbelly etc. I see many potential and current customers claiming they are disappointed in Livin Lite, and possibly now even not consider buying one bases on this misinformation! Personally, I think it would help for Livin a Lite to have updated their web page before all these rumors and confusion got started. This is something that you might want to mention to the proper department. I get frustrated for the Livin Lite brand, which I have a lot of confidence in, to hear people make decision and have opinions that are not based on factual information.  This is just some feedback from a consumer's point of view. I love the brand, I love my camper. (Insert happy camper emoji here!)
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Ford F-150 3.5L Eco Boost (GTDI)
10 speed trans 4x4 Off Road
Max Towing pkg.

Paul

I would like to have access to updated 2018 information on the website! I have ordered a 2018 21BHS based on the older info, so I am not sure exactly all the options I am going to get it will be a surprise!  :)
http://aluminumcamperforum.com
2014 Ford Escape
2016 Ford F150 XTR 2.7l ecoboost  4x4
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2018 Camplite 21BHS (on order)

Entropy3XD

For the tent camper, they finally updated the website this past week, although it still leaves me with questions.  The 14XLP is no longer available.  The brochure shows the orange model, but orange is no longer listed as an option for color, as well as the yellow and light blue which is being shown on all the marketing pics.  For the model 10, they have included interior pictures of the 2018 as well as the 2017, which is great, because now you can see the drop in quality with the 2018s.  In this picture of the 2018, you can actually see the aluminum shavings sticking out of the back of the kitchenette, where there used to be trim.

Matt Livin Lite Sales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAb_xYfQs1A&t=0s

Here is a link to my youtube video. Going over all the changes. Also explaining what the platinum Package is.

if this link isn't working search youtube for 2018 camplite platinum package and you should see it

or search matt at leos vacation center

DocktorJJ

Having previously owned a Casita "All Fiberglass" trailer for 16 years before getting a Camplite 21RBS I can tell you Fiberglass is SH*T. The plastic floor is SH*T over the overbuilt Aluminum floor, and the TPO swimming pool roof is SH*T.  Thor has RUINED Camplite. I would NEVER buy the current product !

You can tell me how great all this new stuff is and I will ask you will the trailer last 30 years?  Not without delamination of the fiberglass, and a TPO roof it will not. 
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Lighthouse

Isn't this Azdel fiberglass a new laminate and not the old fiberglass?  From what I understand the delamination of the old fiberglass was due to the luan layer getting wet.  The new fiberglass is laminated onto an Azdel layer (no luan).   To me, it makes sense that without a luan layer, the delamination problem may not occur.  Has anyone heard of delamination occuring with the new Azdel Fiberlglass laminate?
2017 16TBS
Ram 1500 Quad 4x4

RockorSomething

Quote from: DocktorJJ on September 21, 2017, 06:27:52 AM

You can tell me how great all this new stuff is and I will ask you will the trailer last 30 years?  Not without delamination of the fiberglass, and a TPO roof it will not.

Wait A second...

30 years??

RockorSomething

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 21, 2017, 07:24:33 AM
Isn't this Azdel fiberglass a new laminate and not the old fiberglass?  From what I understand the delamination of the old fiberglass was due to the luan layer getting wet.  The new fiberglass is laminated onto an Azdel layer (no luan).   To me, it makes sense that without a luan layer, the delamination problem may not occur.  Has anyone heard of delamination occuring with the new Azdel Fiberlglass laminate?

I researched Azdel since I had similar concerns. One of the best videos I found to illustrate the difference between Azdel versus Luan backing can be seen in this video.

As this is a 'LL forum, I hope I'm not overstepping some boundary by showing a video made by their competition.

https://youtu.be/j2dbBQlbwSo

Lighthouse

Rock - Thanks, that video is very informative on the differences between Azdel and the old fiberglass.  Also, gives me an understanding of why anything screwed into it will not hold. 
2017 16TBS
Ram 1500 Quad 4x4

DocktorJJ

Rock the video was very interesting.  However, I bought an ALUMINUM trailer; not what they are offering now.  And yes 30 years properly maintained puts the trailer in the Air Stream class of long lasting well built trailer. By the way Thor owns air stream also.  My Casita had floor delamination from road vibration.  I replaced the inner floor and sold it for the larger Camp Lite because we wanted more room.  It was a 1999 Casita MSRP of about $10,000. then now about $18,000 now for the same model..  After 18 years I accepted $8,000.00 for it.  They say this year NADA is about $4,000.00 on the Casita; good LUCK finding one for that price. So in the end what I am saying is I do not think these current product changes will result in Living Lite having outstanding resale value.  Look at most trailers and in 10 years they are almost worthless.  Living Lite was built as a generation trailer when the company began production.  It is sad to see sales is the only thing Thor cares about and not the owner who may bring them new sales.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida