Accessing thru the new covered underbelly

Started by MarshHawk, September 25, 2017, 09:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshHawk

Dan, I have a troubling problem I hope you can help me with. My trailer has the new covered underbelly. Through social media I have been made aware of trailers with a welds failing and bolts being loose on the fresh water tank supports. I took 3 of the bolts down from the edge of the underbelly at the front end of the trailer and was able to to see the center water tank support where it bolts to the frame. One of the bolts is very obviously loose. I cannot see far enough down to visually inspect the rest. This leads me to an important safety issue. How can I possibly get in there to tighten this bolt, and for that matter to inspect and/or maintain the entire underside of my trailer. The material is all one piece, and is tucked securely above the frame on the sides with no access whatsoever. The front and the back have bolts that allow about 1 1/2" of space to barely peer in.  I am very concerned.
This is a zoomed in photo from my iPhone from the front under my battery to the area near the axel where the water tank is.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Ford F-150 3.5L Eco Boost (GTDI)
10 speed trans 4x4 Off Road
Max Towing pkg.

djmiller

This is the reply I received from production:

If you take the self tappers out of the middle of the underbelly it should belly down in the middle enough that it will slip out of the sides. Then you should be able to access it.

MarshHawk

As you can see on these pictures, there are no seams in this underbelly. There is hard foam sealing the holes where pipes and wires come thru the underbelly. This is not just going to "belly down" without tearing the foam out of the holes. Because of the items sticking out through the holes it isn't going to just drop down far enough to reach these bolts from the side of the trailer. This bolt is a quality control issue at the factory end -With not an easy solution for the consumer. Am I expected to tear off this crack filler/insulation from my brand new trailer to tighten bolt that the factory didn't  install correctly? This isn't really a satisfactory answer. Please have the engineers look at this issue. I'm sure I'm not going to be the first and last person with this access issue.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Max Towing pkg.

djmiller

I am told there actually are seams. They are just hard to see.  I would suggest that you take your unit back to the dealer for service.

MarshHawk

Dan, there are absolutely no seams on my underbelly. I just crawled around under there for the umpteenth time and quadruple checked. My window sticker said Prototype, built new way. Perhaps this was before they started putting seams in? And as far as bringing it back to my dealer for service to tighten a bolt, the dealer is in Illinois and I am in Maryland. In addition, my dealer has not been returning ANY of my phone calls or emails. I have a TV that has been broken since I picked up the trailer, as well as another problem with a vent cover. None of these issues have been resolved to date. This does not inspire great confidence in the ability of my dealer. That is, if they actually would communicate with me at all.

I just want to make it clear that I am very happy with my trailer purchase. I know I have a quality trailer and I believe in the Livin Lite Brand. I am just having issues that are frustrating me.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Max Towing pkg.