2014 Quick silver 7x20 lift kit?

Started by mwood, September 05, 2017, 08:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwood

Hello all! I'm a new owner of a 2014 7x20. It doesn't have the off-road package installed from the factory. I would like to explore the option of gaining some more ground clearance. I have found dexter torsion axle lift kits that are available see below:
https://www.etrailer.com/p-K71-707-02.html
My question is has anyone ever used this or any other methods of lifting their toy hauler? As I understand the factory off road package has an additional aluminum block welded between the axles and frame to accomplish the higher ground clearance. But unless I'm missing something the aftermarket dexter kit will do the same thing? Please let me know if this has been done before by anyone else.

Thanks!

IdleTime

I know that it's been a couple of years since your post about the axle lift kit but did you do it and did it work?  I am planning a trip to Alaska next summer and an concerned about the 14 inch ground clearance.   Great for loading the bike but may be a problem on the frost heaves going up the Alcan Highway. I have made this trip on a motorcycle a few years ago but will be taking the wife this time.  So the toy hauler trip.  Let me know how that worked out for you.  Thanks.