Spare tire with off-road option

Started by FoxColorado, September 01, 2017, 09:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoxColorado

Hi - I bought a used 2017 10.0 and there isn't a spare tire. I see the aluminum block / mount under the frame but I don't have the hardware (or wheel) for the mount.

Do others with the off road package have a spare tire?

Has anyone added a bumper mounted spare?

Thanks!
Eric

RockorSomething

Every photo/vid of a camper with the offroad package that Ive seen had the spare tire mounted under the frame.

Definitely contact the seller.

smjcolsga

Quote from: RockorSomething on September 03, 2017, 11:15:36 AM
Every photo/vid of a camper with the offroad package that Ive seen had the spare tire mounted under the frame.

Definitely contact the seller.

Conversely, I have seen brand-new on-road units stil sitting on dealer's lots that did not have a spare included. One dealer told me that it was an option to have one (is it really optional though?) 

FoxColorado

Thanks - please let me know if anyone has any info on the parts I would need to add a spare, and where to buy them.

Entropy3XD

The 2018 with off road kit has a spare on the under carriage, right behind the step.  As far as I know, the spare is standard for the 2017 and 2018
isn't listed as an option on the sales order form.

smjcolsga

It wasn't standard on 2017 and earlier models and was located to the rear of the axle on pre-2018's. The new location forward of the axle likely contributes to the increased tongue weight numbers on the 2018 model 10.0 that I've noticed are way higher than what was spec'd (my unit's tongue weight is listed at 190lbs)

djmiller

These parts may be ordered through any livinlite dealer.
The missing parts are:
PN: 200786 - 1/2-13 Stainless Steel Rod 6" Long
PN: 200832 - 1/2-13 Nut
PN: 200745 - Black Tie Down Knob.

It also uses a 1/4" thick 2" wide piece of aluminum flat stock with a 9/16" hole drilled in the center.

It may be quicker and less expensive to stop by a good hardware store as I would suspect all parts would be available.
Late in 2017 the spare location was moved to accommodate to larger diameter of the off road tire. The old location would not accept the larger diameter of the off road tires.
Be sure to check this as it may be possible to have a spare but no the full size off road tire.

The bumper is not designed to handle a spare tire carrier.

-Dan

wdaltman

I'm not sure if anyone is even paying attention to this site anymore, but would anyone be able to take a photo of the spare tire from below?  I can't quite visualize how the parts listed by djmiller go together to hold on the tire.  The rod and nut are easy enough to find, but not sure how the knob and the flat piece of aluminum work together.  Thanks!