recall

Started by wakeboydb, January 08, 2017, 07:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakeboydb

Hi, is there a vin range for this recall?

Livin' Lite Recreational Vehicles (Livin' Lite) is recalling certain model year 2017 Camplight and Quick Silver RV Trailers, Toyhaulers, and Truck Campers manufactured May 19, 2016, to November 18, 2016. The affected vehicles have a rubber liquid propane (LP) gas line connecting the range hood and the pilot light, instead of a 12″ hard pipe. Livin' Lite will notify owners, and dealers will install a 12″ copper extension between the range hood and pilot light, free of charge. The recall was expected to begin in December 2016.
2017 21BHS

djmiller

Yes there was.  The kits are being sent out. It Basically consists of a 12" copper line an a fitting.  I do not have knowledge of the VIN range as yet but will post it in this thread in the next few days.

wakeboydb

Wonderful,  thanks. Mine is at D&H RV in Apex NC right now for an unrelated issue. The latest 8 on my vin is H1004699. I was hoping to get everything sorted in one visit if mine is affected. Also, do I have the potential bent coupler issue, if so, I would love to get that update or even the parts sent to me. We have a full year of travel planned.
2017 21BHS

djmiller

VIN H1004699 went through inspection 4/7/16 so should not be affected by the recall.
We notify both the dealer and retail registered owner's.

-Dan

wakeboydb

Wonderful,  thanks! Great trailer btw! How about this whole bent coupler thing? Am I affected by that?
2017 21BHS

7thunders

Got my "Recall" notice today in reg: 12" copper line an a fitting.  Our campe was built Sept/October 2016, considered a 2017 model. 
we are 2 hours away from LL dealer we bought it from... To bad they didn't have a road team to come and repair this.  Gonna have to contact the dealer and see what we can do, we may make a camping trip that way some week just to get this repaired.

Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

7thunders

Dan
for this recall, there is a Camplite dealer closer than the original dealer we bought this from.  Do dealers object to us coming to them for recalls/repairs if they didn't sell you the camper originally? I realize they may need to schedule appts for this but didn't know if this would be a problem going to closer dealer.
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

djmiller

Absolutely no problem. We are allowing .5 hr labor and it is a simple 10 min. repair.  The dealer you take it to will need to call in and request shipment of the kit.
Attached, (also included in the kit) is the process.

- Dan

dwellsouth

Can I take it to another dealer who does not sell Camplites? It's a long haul for me to one who does.

djmiller

Quote from: dwellsouth on February 03, 2017, 02:04:02 PM
Can I take it to another dealer who does not sell Camplites? It's a long haul for me to one who does.

If they will perform the work.  Have them contact us to ship the parts to them.

dwellsouth

Quote from: Dan Miller on February 03, 2017, 04:24:04 PM
Quote from: dwellsouth on February 03, 2017, 02:04:02 PM

If they will perform the work.  Have them contact us to ship the parts to them.

Thanks