Power Inverter

Started by Hanno1, February 06, 2017, 08:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanno1

Hi folks,

I have a 16 DBS and I am wondering about the power inverter. Does it do anything other than charge the battery? I can't find any 110v powered outlets unless I'm plugged into shore power. I'm considering upgrading the TV to something a little bigger but most of them run on 110v. I was wondering if the power inverter would power it.

Thanks

Bob

djmiller

They are commonly rated in watts and I believe most new flat screen TV's are also rated in watts. You will of course want one large enough to power the TV.
I wouldn't think it would be too hard to find a bit larger flat screen that ran directly off 12V however.  Here is one with a built in DVD player. https://www.amazon.com/SuperSonic-Widescreen-Compatible-Built-22-Inch/dp/B0066ACQKU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486471878&sr=8-1&keywords=12V+flat+screen+tv . May be a little harder finding them in a retail store.

tinkeringtechie

Quote from: Hanno1 on February 06, 2017, 08:06:52 PM
I am wondering about the power inverter. Does it do anything other than charge the battery? I can't find any 110v powered outlets unless I'm plugged into shore power. I'm considering upgrading the TV to something a little bigger but most of them run on 110v. I was wondering if the power inverter would power it.

Stock LL trailers don't have inverters (12VDC -> 110VAC), they just have converters (110VAC -> 12VDC). So if you bought a 110VAC TV then you'd need to be connected to shore power (or a generator) to use it. You could also add an inverter, but they can be quite expensive.

Hanno1

Ok, thank you. That clears up the inverter/converter question.

Orance

Hello, guys. Thanks for you post. As I know about power inverter, 400w DC 12v to AC 110v power inverter is the only charger for me when camping in the countryside. Since I'm used to charge shaver and camera battery with this inverter. Easy to connect it with car cigarette lighter charger outlet, then we can laptop, phone and other tools in the same way. The advantage that I know about it is soft and convenient to take away, easy to handle. Maybe you can catch more information about it on bestekmall. Hope this point is useful to you.