2018 Benches - Update

Started by RockorSomething, August 15, 2017, 11:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockorSomething

As I'm in the middle of a factory ordered 8.1, any unexpected changes to the Quicksilver lineup was an obvious concern.   

I contacted my salesman at the RV dealership, who then put me in touch with The Regional Sales Representative. The following is the information he provided regarding the removeability of the benches. (Livinlite Rep comments in Blue )

To give you some background... we have always used the same rotocast benches that we use today. That's never changed but a year ago we did some other changes that effected the wheels wells. The change pushed the necessity to cut the bench so that it still fit over the wheel well. This did take away the ability to use the bench as a cooler and it took away some of the stability. To improve the stability, we started screwing the dinette benches to the floor. That's how we've come to today. Now the exciting part.... (or the rest of the story as Paul Harvey might say)
We are changing the configuration of the rotocast benches. I've taken a picture of the old style (upside down) and the new style (upside down) so you can see how they've changed. Starting this week, any order will get the new bench with the space to accept the wheel well. It'll reinstitute the flexibility and your ability to use the bench as a cooler.

smjcolsga

So, I'm guessing the top pic is the newly updated bench?

RockorSomething

Quote from: smjcolsga on August 15, 2017, 03:06:44 PM
So, I'm guessing the top pic is the newly updated bench?

While it wasnt specified to me, that was my assumption.
Perhaps someone with a Quicksilver could confirm.

And here is another pic that was emailed to me. I apologize about the orientation of the photos.

RockorSomething

We just picked up our 2018 and as of our build date (8-28), I can confirm the dinette benches are again removable.