Water Hose to Camper connection question

Started by tbwrench, August 10, 2017, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbwrench

Hello,

Does anyone know what is the make / part # of the little black box on the side of my trailer where you either fill your water tank or connect shore water? I hooked mine up last night and water started to leak inside of my unit. I want to pull it off, see if I can seal it and replace if necessary. Does anyone know what sealant Livin' Lite used to caulk / seal around the box to the camper? It is clear. If I pull the box off I'll need to reseal and I want to make sure and use the proper product. Thank in advance

Travis.

DavidM

More than likely that outside box is fine and it is the connection inside that is leaking. In some cases you can reach the inside and look at the connection, but I suspect you can't on your trailer.

So, I am guessing how to do this- remove the screws holding the box to the aluminum side and pry it out. Then look at the connection inside. It is probably clear plastic tubing with a PEX type crimp connector on it. That connector is probably loose or maybe the tubing has split. So if the PEX connector has loosened (highly unlikely), cut it off with side cutters and use a hose clamp in its place. If the hose has split, either cut the split off and reconnect or replace the whole length of hose.

Then buy a tube of white bathroom caulk at your hardware store and coat the edges of the box before screwing it back on.

All of the above is guess work as my unit is 10 miles away in a storage yard.

David

djsamuel

I had the same leak on my 21BHS on our third trip.  I was able to reach in through one of the cabinets under the kitchen counter and tighten it up.  No removal was necesssary and it took about 3 minutes.  I don't know what model you have, but check and see if you can access it easily from the inside, then just reach in and tighten the connection by hand.  It's been good for almost 4 years now.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

tbwrench

Thanks for the reply's. It was he fitting that was leaking. I just picked up the trailer the day before yesterday & the dealer took care of it free of charge. I'm the 2nd owner, so no factory warranty, but the dealership did offer 1 month warranty.