Sofa height for 16TBS

Started by KathiA, July 19, 2017, 09:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathiA

Hello, I am looking at Camplite 16TBS.  I saw a 2017 model and found that my feet can't reach the floor from the sofa. In a photo of a 2018 model, the sofa looks different - no arms, and what looks like a lower seat. Is it true that the seat height is lower in the newer model?

djmiller

I had to ask sales and they are looking into that as I personally have not seen a 16TBS with the optional sofa in the slide.  A dinette is standard and I do not believe they have completed the photography for the 2018 yet.

MarshHawk

I don't know if it helps Dan, but here is a picture my dealer took of the couch in the 2018 I just purchased.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Ford F-150 3.5L Eco Boost (GTDI)
10 speed trans 4x4 Off Road
Max Towing pkg.

KathiA

Thanks Marsh Hawk and Dan,  In the dealers pic sure looks as if the height has been lowered.  I hope that's the new standard.  We'll know for sure when Dan gets the official word or measurement.

djmiller

The sofa option in the 16TBS has been eliminated and is now standard.  The sofa base has been redesigned and is 3-1/2" lower than was previously.

-Dan

KathiA

KathiA

Hi again Dan,  I have been searching the country for a 2018 16TBS with the sofa and have found none other than the one prototype..  The few that have come out have the dinette.  I accept that I may have to order what I want, but am concerned that there is some issue with the new sofa.  Any insight?

djmiller