6.0 POP UP

Started by rcandrews, August 07, 2017, 05:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcandrews

Hello everyone, newbie here. After over 40 plus years camping it;s time to get off the ground. Ready to pull the trigger on a 6.0 but starting to get some reservations. Customer service, changes in design, shoddy craftsmanship. I really need a lightweight rig i can muscle around, does anyone regret buying their livin lite pop ups? I'm sure anyone can find pros and cons with most mfg. but I don;t want to get stuck. Any insight to relieve the jitters would be appreciated.

Thanks Bob

KI4MTB

Bob,

I just purchased a 2017 6.0 Off Road edition and really love it.  The wife and I just came back from our 2nd trip in 5 weeks and have no complaints except for the bed mattress.  I purchased a $150 memory foam mattress and cut it down to the right size after our first outing.  This weekend I slept like a stone.  I'd buy it again tomorrow if I didn't have one already.  Workmanship and quality seem to be really good.  No concerns about getting years of use out of the camper.

whitecastleman

I wanted to get up off the ground as well a few years back and wanted a well-build, lightweight, camper that was easy to tow and had enough room on the inside for me to stand up.  I did my research and focused on the QS 6.0.  I then went about searching online and found a "used, but almost new" model at Prosser RV in Wisconsin- about a 3 hour drive for me at the time.  The good folks at Prosser were great to work with.  Last year I wanted to move up to a larger unit with AC and found a 2016 QS 8.0 on Craigslist- that also had been purchased originally from Prosser.  Both units have served me well and I've enjoyed many camping trips.

As was mentioned, the mattress in the QS models are quite thin, so you will probably want to get something a little more comfortable.  Because of many issues on the newer models (discussed on other threads) I would not suggest getting a new LL model.  My suggestion would be to search for an older model that is truly "all aluminum" since if will hold up well and will be a prime selling feature down the line if you decide to sell and get something else.

Happy Camping!

rcandrews

Thanks,,I'm leaning towards a used one now for the sake of all aluminum. The search continues, maybe I can catch one at the end of the season. Appreciate the responses.

Bob