Window Help?

Started by Capt J-rod, August 04, 2017, 09:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsamuel

Quote from: Dan Miller on August 15, 2017, 11:03:30 AM
Doug,

Currently they are still available.  But they are imported however we have had delays in the past getting them here.
The new windows are Thermo or Dual Pane  constructed just like the original Dometic.
The size has changed on a few of the windows so some may not be able to be directly replaced.

Thanks Dan.  Is there a link to a catalog of these new windows?  I'd like to take a look and see where I stand.

Thanks,

Doug
2013 Camplite 21BHS

djmiller

Not that I know of Doug. At least I have never seen one.

djsamuel

Would you be able to provide the manufacturer?  If not, understand.

Is it by any chance Polyplastic from the Netherlands? 

http://polyplastic.nl/solutions

Thanks.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

djmiller

I would if I knew??
Sure looks like them though!

djsamuel

Apparently, the Polyplastic windows are also used on the T@b campers.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

DocktorJJ

DAN MILLER:

I have NO issues with my windows. I too would like you to keep us informed should I need a window in the future.  Can you list the sizes for my 2016 mfg date licensed as a 2017 model 21RBS unit?  I know the kitchen is 300x 500mm what are the 2 bed and 1 couch window?  Bed windows seem identical.

Thank you.  Seems Livin Lite is listening.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Capt J-rod

There is an AGM # in the corner of the window on a sticker... The window has AGM???0500x0300... that is the kitchen # indicating 500x300. The other numbers on the windows will designate their size.

djmiller

Attached is a matrix of the Dometic windows used in the Camplite Travel Trailer line.
It contains our PN as well as Dometic's PN.  We are not set-up to sell retail and no longer stock these windows.
However the windows are still available through Dometic and can be ordered through any Livinlite dealer.
The size you see in the descriptions is the size in inches, which is the opening size not the window size.
When you see something on the window or description elsewhere, that for instance says 300x500, it is referring to the size in MM.

The attached information is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind either expressed or implied.
Any person(s) or organization(s) making use of or relying upon this data, is responsible for confirming its accuracy and completeness.

-Dan

Paul

Hi Dan do you have a picture of the new windows used in 2018? I just ordered a 2018 21 BHS and curious to see one
http://aluminumcamperforum.com
2014 Ford Escape
2016 Ford F150 XTR 2.7l ecoboost  4x4
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2018 Camplite 21BHS (on order)

djmiller

Look previously in this thread.  You will see one.

Paul

Quote from: Dan Miller on August 15, 2017, 09:54:52 AM
Stopped using them with the 2018 model year.  There may have been a few very early 2018's that may have had the original Dometic windows.

Dometic was the distributor of these windows and they were manufactured in Europe.  The way I understand it Dometic was having problems getting them from the manufacturer.  They had however been well received over the years.  The new windows look very similar but are a darker tint. Most everything else has been improved from the integrated window shade, the mechanism that holds the widow open, to the latches. The old windows used a detent cylinder system to hold the windows open that was very prone to failure. The latches were also not adjustable

The new windows solves these problems. (see attached image)

That looks really nice!
http://aluminumcamperforum.com
2014 Ford Escape
2016 Ford F150 XTR 2.7l ecoboost  4x4
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2018 Camplite 21BHS (on order)

Capt J-rod

Looks like a great upgrade Dan... Nice to see you guys keeping the high end components in the line.

DocktorJJ

Thank you! Dan for posting the chat for us with older units.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

dlbcamp

I have a 2016 Camplite 16TBS.  I opened the window over my kitchen sink today and it popped off to the ground and cracked. Somehow the cylinder failed. 

It appears from other posts that the cylinders have known issues. I will check the Duncan website -thanks for sharing. I assume no warranty coverage exists for this? I am the second owner. First owner bought it in April 2015.

Also the bathroom door lock (one of the two) seized up so I am disassembling the door to remove the mechanism.  Assume a locksmith will fix this.

Darren

djmiller

The warranty to the first owner that would have covered that expired over a year ago.
That is the normal window that happens to but it is normally because someone forgot to close it before travel. They are attached on a hinge and the the wind blows them right off the hinge.