Warranty work

Started by MarshHawk, August 04, 2017, 09:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshHawk

So, now I'm curious. It seems that quite often there is not a local Livin Lite dealer near to someone's home. I have seen many people stating that they are traveling quite far (myself included) to purchase a Livin Lite unit. I consider this a great compliment to the quality of Livin Lite. On the other hand ...local RV dealers refuse to work on repairs to an RV you did not purchase thru them. (I have personally heard this myself from local dealers. One of them then covered himself by saying...well, we would do it, but we handle all our own customers first and the wait would be so long, it's nearly impossible to have it repaired)

So my question is...how does Livin Lite handle any warranty work that might need to be done? Does Livin Lite let you take it to anyone and you submit a bill to livin Lite. Or are you required to go to the dealer you purchased from?
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Ford F-150 3.5L Eco Boost (GTDI)
10 speed trans 4x4 Off Road
Max Towing pkg.

djmiller

We are no different I believe than any other RV manufacturer.  You may take your unit to any RV dealership that is willing to work on your RV.  When I mean willing to work, I am referring to the fact that all RV manufactures encourage consumers to BUY LOCAL.  Not only does it support the local economy but lets face it when RV season is in full swing, dealers are busy and of course will take care of their customers first.  That being said technically even our dealers must submit a warranty claim to be approved before the work is performed.

The dealer you purchase your RV from is naturally going to put you ahead of someone just traveling through when push goes to shove.

-Dan

MarshHawk

Thanks for the answer.

I would have much much preferred to buy locally, believe me. And I'm sure everyone would.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Ford F-150 3.5L Eco Boost (GTDI)
10 speed trans 4x4 Off Road
Max Towing pkg.

oilfieldtrash08

We drove 3.5 hrs to the nearest livin lite dealer. We bought it and 2 hrs after we had problems and it will be going back this Friday to the dealership.  QC/QA let this one slip by. We looked for 3 yrs before we pulled the trigger and I can't help be disappointed. Hopefully they won't be like every other manufacturer I've read on about the horror stories and they will do the right thing. The dealership seems to want to do the right thing. 

Entropy3XD

Quote from: oilfieldtrash08 on August 07, 2017, 06:03:09 PM
We drove 3.5 hrs to the nearest livin lite dealer. We bought it and 2 hrs after we had problems and it will be going back this Friday to the dealership.  QC/QA let this one slip by. We looked for 3 yrs before we pulled the trigger and I can't help be disappointed. Hopefully they won't be like every other manufacturer I've read on about the horror stories and they will do the right thing. The dealership seems to want to do the right thing.

If you don't mind my asking, what model did you get and what were the issues? 

oilfieldtrash08

2018 8.5x24. The canopy pulled off the wall due to being  installed 3" out of square and hit the frame when it was rolled up.

DocktorJJ

DAN MILLER:

We just arrived back after a very pleasant trip to Illinois, Branson, MO. and Theodore. AL.   Where is you dealer in FL? The keys is where your dealer is at; 8+ hours away.  Theodore is 9 hours away. Do you consider that local?   My dealer RV Collision and Sales is a family run business and I love these folks.  BUT please this was as local as I could get. AND IT"S NOT LOCAL - I wish he was ... boy would I support him and send buyers.

PS When we bought there was a dealer in Jacksonville, FL but they had ZERO trailers to look at. 3 1/2 hours away. Can't sell what we can't see.  Someone should consider the 2018 RV Supershow in Tampa Florida - January!  I would volunteer to sell for you there - You would need the frame trailer as in the Utube video as well as SEVERAL trailers.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida