Before I buy.. wiring question...

Started by Berzerker, August 01, 2017, 08:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berzerker

considering purchasing a left over 2017 Quicksilver 26FBR....1 13.5k btu ac in installed which is woefully inadequate for the Florida heat. LL has a optional 11k btu ac unit for the front bedroom... can anyone advise if the Quicksilver 26fbr is pre wired for a front ac unit. . thanks

DavidM

In addition to wiring issues, I would check the current draw of your existing 13,500 unit, either by looking at the spec sheet or preferrably measuring it in hot weather which typically draws more. Some units draw as much as 15 amps and that combined with a 12,000 btu unit which may draw about 12 amps would come close to overloading a 30 amp shore power supply.

For sure you couldn't run a microwave with both AC units running on a 30 amp supply.

David

djmiller

All 8.5 Wide units are standard with 50A Converters

Berzerker

Mr. Miller

are they pre wired? ....The dealer is advising they should be but are not 100% sure. If they are not.. that's a deal breaker

djmiller

If it is a 2016 or earlier I would say it is, but your dealer should be able to tell you for sure.
If it is a 2017 or newer it is not.  I will be bringing this up in the production meeting today as I believe it should. That was the primary reason for the 50A converter.

Berzerker

A bit of oversite on  my behalf Dan....its  not a QS but a 2016 Ford LL 26FBD.... dealer advised its not wired but still is doing me a solid but installing a 11kBTU in the front bedroom. But here is another question or 2..the frameless windows appear to open from the bottom upward.. according to fuzzy videos and if so is there a screen to keep the  buggers out?  And question # 2... Florida is a mecca for RV'ers but yet only one LL dealer is listed. ... in Key Largo of all places !!!! considering the oppressive heat and humidity that reeks havoc on anything wood related ,why not a greater marketing/dealer presence?

In fact i am flying to Milwaukee  to purchase the 26FBD since they are the nearest dealer that carries the LL Ford..eventhough I am a loyal Dodge fan....lol

thanks much

djmiller

Yes there is Larry,

I also bought the A/C up in the last meeting, and though not official, I believe they will be making the change back to having any front bedroom model prewired.  Your dealer will need to pull out the vent to see for sure if it was prewired or not.  I don't have a record to see when they discontinued that as a standard.  Matter of fact you mentioning that there was a possibility your's was not is what prompted me to ask as it always had been in the past.

Berzerker

the pre wired aspect for a front ac unit would be a another great selling point for the LL line.... Now get a sizable presence in the South  East please !