really annoyed with bimini poles staining the tent

Started by grecamp, July 27, 2017, 04:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grecamp

it is QS 8.0. I cleaned the tent inside nicely and now again horrible black stains. I even used the recommended silver polish on poles (BTW, I am originally Polish...) and that does not seem to help very much.

As much as I like the camper this is really frustrating, impossible to keep the tent clean.

Anyone came up with an idea to wrap those poles with some type of tape? I was thinking regular duct tape but am afraid that it would perhaps leak glue in heat.

KI4MTB

grecamp

ensuring there is no tent material between tubing when closing the camper is a challenging game. Have you found a fool-proof way to accomplish that?

Bike tape may indeed work. Thanks for the idea.

EDIT: kill the bike tape idea. This would cost fortune.

grecamp

Quote from: KI4MTB on July 27, 2017, 06:30:29 PM
What about heat shrink tubing?

That would be great, but huge shrink tubes would be needed. It would end up costing mucho dineros

Astrolite

What diameter are the poles? Could you use some of that foam pipe wrap that's slit down the side and just slip it over?

grecamp

another good idea but I think this would add too much bulk.

I spent much time trying to learn how to better prevent the tent from getting in between the poles when taking down. Also, I wrapped the offending part of poles with cheap duct tape that has very little adhesive.