where to buy parts??

Started by abodyjoe, January 06, 2017, 07:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeepnut11

Quote from: whitecastleman on June 07, 2017, 09:12:09 AM
My first camper was a LL 6.0 purchased from Prosser RV in Wisconsin.

Twice I contacted the LL factory in Indiana concerning parts- the first time I was extremely pleased with the "going above and beyond" service that I received.  I had broken one of the tail light covers and called to inquire about how to get a replacement.  I called LL and spoke with someone in their parts department and I was sent out TWO covers for no charge.  Wow!  I don't remember the man's name, but he welcomed me as a new LL owner and was very helpful.

The second time, I wanted to buy an awning for my 6.0.  I called LL and was told one would be shipped.  I waited a couple of weeks and then called to follow up and was told that the order had been shipped.   Waited again and called to follow up and was told that they were out of stock and the order had not been shipped.  The same guy told me that they were out of stock after telling me earlier that the order had been shipped.  Called again and was given the run around and finally told them to cancel the order since I was tired of being lied to.  I spoke with someone back at Prosser RV and they came through for me and I soon had my awning. 

I'm assuming that this was about the time that LL was in the midst of corporate transitions, but frankly, you should never tell a customer one thing and then tell him another- it spoke poorly of him as a man and reflected poorly on the company.

After I moved to TN I ended up selling my 6.0 (for slightly more than what I paid for it) and bought my current 8.0 from a guy off Craigslist.  He had purchased the 8.0 from ....... Prosser RV in WI- a small world!

I've been following the LL transitions and I'm cautiously optimistic that LL is actually trying to improve their service to their loyal customers.

whitecastleman: Could you share how much you paid for your awning at Prosser RV?

whitecastleman

It's listed as $181 on their website but after I described my bad experience trying to get the awning through the dealer, and because I was a former customer, he sold it to me for a much lower price.

raq

FYI - I found out from someone that Top Stitch in Elkhart, IN actually makes the awnings. I contacted them about purchasing an awning for my 6.0 and got a cost of around $75-80 (that includes shipping). I have still not decided if I am going with the awning or just getting a pop up canopy to use instead, but this price seemed very reasonable so thought I'd share:)