Just bought used 14dbs

Started by Mepat, July 20, 2017, 05:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mepat

Hello from Minnesota. We drove to illinois to get our first ever rv and chose a Camplite mainly because I can't tolerate the smell in other trailers. So far so good although we have only stayed in it one night.

My question that brought me to this forum. Last night we noticed our lights were flickering from time to time. We were plugged into electric at the campground. When we asked the service department about it today they said that is normal when running more than one electrical item. Is this correct? We are starting to fear it is a bad battery or convertor from other things we have read. The dealer said the battery was fine when we asked.

As an aside we endured a tornado warning our first night with the trailer. We were barely parked when the storm hit hard and furious. No jacks in place. So we rode it out in our truck pretty freaked out. What do others do in such situations?

Looking forward to communicating with you all Thanks for any guidance you can give us newbies.

DavidM

Your light flickering is probably due to the infamous aluminum shavings that are left inside the LED fixtures. They short the switch and cause the flickering. Remove fixture and dump out the shavings. Vacuum out any more that you can reach. The problem should go away.

Once when we were camping on Lake Travis in Texas a big thunderstorm decsended on us. I tied our pop up camper to the TVs hitch with a short length of rope and tied two lines to nearby trees and rode out the storm. The next morning we saw an RV across the creek from us that was in the water. It had slid down into the creek.

So, beware!!!!

David

Mepat

Thanks for the tip David. We will give that a try. Your storm event in Texas sounds like a wild ride. We vowed last night as we wondered if we would live out the storm that we would always have a storm game plan - like scoping out a good storm shelter at each campsite. Best laid plans and all that.