Jack Points Tire Change

Started by Jackson, July 15, 2017, 10:11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson

What is the jack point on a single or dual axel CL?  I though I read not to place the jack on the axel/torsion bar.  And will the typical auto jack do the job?

DavidM

I used a floor jack with a piece of 2x4 to spread the load on the aluminum frame. I jacked it up just behind the second wheel. A bottle jack would also work, but absolutely use a 2x4. The point load could puncture the frame ;-).

In an emergency I have used the scissor jack to support the back while I jacked up the front with the tongue jack until the wheel lifted. It is a little hard on the frame as it twists it, but it worked.

David

Jackson

Thanks David.  I don't think I will be traveling with a floor or bottle jack. Nor do I like the idea of putting all the weight on the rear scissor jack and bending the frame as you suggest.  Still looking for ideas for on the road tire change if needed, but I will carry that 2 x 4.

djsamuel

The scissors jack that comes with my Ram 1500 does a great job if traveling. Otherwise, I use a hydraulic floor jack.  In both cases, I use a 2x4 on the frame between the tires.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

luci9202

Yoga is a holistic approach to fitness that helps to strengthen your body, improve flexibility, and increase your energy. It is a great way to relieve stress and anxiety, and improve your overall health and wellbeing. Yoga is a low-impact exercise, making it suitable for all ages and fitness levels. https://perfecttv4you.com/best-50-inch-tv-under/

yonghughes00

Jack Points is a revolutionary mobile battery replacement service that makes tire changes easier and faster than ever before. With Jack Points, you can have your tires changed in just minutes, without ever leaving the comfort of your home. When you sign up for Jack Points, you'll receive a message on your phone that will notify you when a tire change is needed. All you have to do is respond to the message, and a qualified mobile battery replacement mechanic will be dispatched to your location. Once the mechanic arrives, he/she will perform the tire change in no time.