Still Newbies after 2 Travel Seasons!

Started by CatMcMahon, March 25, 2017, 02:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CatMcMahon

Greetings from the Cascade Foothills in the resplendent Pacific Northwest,

Though we've had many warranty repair challenges since we first took possession of the early model 2015 Camp Lite 16TBS we ordered with the off-road package mid-year 2014, we love it.  It fits our travel needs perfectly.  With an Andersen Hitch weight distribution package we easily tow it with our 1995 K2500 Chevy Silverado, and with our backup tow vehicle, a 2002 Chevy Tahoe K1500 fitted with 8 ply truck tires.  We enjoy sharing about our snazzy RV that attracts a lot of curiosity.

On our first trip of the season over St. Patrick's Day weekend 2017, I enjoyed watching drivers do a double-take and gawk as we drove down the freeway.  When we arrived at our Puget Sound destination in Washington State, we discovered the driving rain we had drive through on I-5 for a couple of hours in Oregon, was still leaking through from underneath the interior diamond plate step on the slider side of our trailer.  We thought we had this leak fixed by caulking, twice, underneath the wheel well area.  Thank goodness, we have an all-aluminum trailer as that leak floods the entire floor of our trailer whenever we travel in rain storms.  So, it's back to the drawing board about the leak, which is what led me to this forum.  So glad to be here!

Diversteve

We had a hard to locate leak as well.
Turned out to be where the plumbing exited through the floor near the water heater.
We sealed the wheel wells with a spray on sealant.

CatMcMahon

Thank you!  We didn't think to look for problems in that area and so will begin troubleshooting there.  We already have mitigated leaks in the wheel well area, so are investigating other not so obvious areas for water penetration.

MarshHawk

Hello from the other side of the country! I am in Maryland's Eastern shore. I just bought a 2018 of the same trailer as yours. I will pick up my new camper towards the end of August. I am previous tent camper, totally new to travel trailers. So much to learn 🙂.
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Camplite 2018 CL16TBS
Newbie!!
Ford F-150 3.5L Eco Boost (GTDI)
10 speed trans 4x4 Off Road
Max Towing pkg.