Auxillary 12 Volt DC receptacle

Started by Daver, July 10, 2017, 12:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daver

I have a Quicksilver 6.0  and wanted to add on a 12 volt auxillary receptacle (just like you have in cars/trucks) to operate those items that run on 12 volts.  Has anybody done this yet and if so,  how did you do it.     Thanks,     DAVER

KI4MTB

Daver,

Haven't done it yet but imagine it would be pretty straight forward.  I recently used the kit found at the following link to add both USB and a cigarette lighter plug receptacle to my daughters car.  Kit had all the necessary cabling that you could tap into existing leads coming out of the power converter under the sofa.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B79F8CW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Good luck.

Jonathan

Daver

I did install one of the Marine 12V receptacles available on Amazon to the left of the power panel but not within the electrical box.   I found I had to remove the sofa,  then remove the access cover into the electric compartment.    There are 4 total 12 volt circuits coming off the inverter;  only the 2nd and 4th are utilized.  The circuits for 1 and 3 are pigtailed off and ready for hook up.   I connected hot to the red lead and then the white (common) connection went back to the neutral bus also located in the electric compartment.    This receptacle is great for a multitude of purposes: operate the air pump for pumping up our Lightspeed air mattress and run my CPAP when on battery.