where to buy parts??

Started by abodyjoe, January 06, 2017, 07:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abodyjoe

i'd like to buy an awning kit for my 2011 QS 8.1. where can i buy one?  can i buy them right from Livin lite?  or does it have to be a dealer?  closest dealer is 2 hours away which kinda sucks if i have to go that route..

rob

LL did sell directly to the public.  Not sure if they still do. 

I was saving for an awning, but in the end, I made my own.  When I purchased a pop-up shelter, it came with a wall.  I have sewn zipper to one end of the wall and added grommets to the other.

I will post pictures come camping season.  It is a little cold a snowy at the moment.
2016 Jeep Patriot
2015 QS 8.1

abodyjoe

i emailed LL through their site and haven't heard back..  talked to others that say its near impossible to get in touch with them.  i find that kinda curious. do you want to make money or not?

i thought about making my own..     may come to that it looks..

chappy133

We added a zipper, sorry I do not know the size, to an existing 12x12 tarp and it worked great.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

djmiller

At one time we did sell directly but because of our dealer agreements we can no longer do so.
Most parts used in the construction of our units are not proprietary and can be purchased either from the manufacturer or possibly on-line. (amazon and such).  Sometimes you can just google the manufacturers PN.
Other items such as tents and such must be purchased from a dealer.  If you do not have a local dealer you can have them direct shipped to you.

PastorRandy

We use a 10x20 canopy, purchase for less than $150 through many sources. Drape a section over the top, tie it down to points on lower kitchen side using bungee cords. Adapted the original aluminum poles, cutting a section out (which is the section over the roof). This gives us a large covered outdoor space. We have side-panels that can be attached, also using bungees, for more privacy or rain protection. Canopy and sides get packed inside camper, poles either travel on top of vehicle or camper. When I find pics, i'll share a few if interested.
Shalom,
PastorRandy

abodyjoe

Quote from: PastorRandy on January 12, 2017, 10:56:04 AM
We use a 10x20 canopy, purchase for less than $150 through many sources. Drape a section over the top, tie it down to points on lower kitchen side using bungee cords. Adapted the original aluminum poles, cutting a section out (which is the section over the roof). This gives us a large covered outdoor space. We have side-panels that can be attached, also using bungees, for more privacy or rain protection. Canopy and sides get packed inside camper, poles either travel on top of vehicle or camper. When I find pics, i'll share a few if interested.

have any pictures of it all set up?  i'd like to see it

teejmiller

Quote from: PastorRandy on January 12, 2017, 10:56:04 AM

When you have a chance, please post pics!! I'd love to steal your idea.

khupp

Quote from: Dan Miller on January 09, 2017, 10:01:32 AM
At one time we did sell directly but because of our dealer agreements we can no longer do so.
Most parts used in the construction of our units are not proprietary and can be purchased either from the manufacturer or possibly on-line. (amazon and such).  Sometimes you can just google the manufacturers PN.
Other items such as tents and such must be purchased from a dealer.  If you do not have a local dealer you can have them direct shipped to you.

This is really disappointing. We purchased an '09 10.0 a couple years ago. Before we bought it, I called Livin Lite to see what a new tent would cost, anticipating needing a new tent in a year or two. Now we do need it and according to the dealer I spoke to today it will cost me about 3x what I was previously quoted. Hopefully you guys will start selling your parts directly someday.

abodyjoe

Quote from: khupp on March 27, 2017, 07:17:16 PM
Quote from: Dan Miller on January 09, 2017, 10:01:32 AM

This is really disappointing. We purchased an '09 10.0 a couple years ago. Before we bought it, I called Livin Lite to see what a new tent would cost, anticipating needing a new tent in a year or two. Now we do need it and according to the dealer I spoke to today it will cost me about 3x what I was previously quoted. Hopefully you guys will start selling your parts directly someday.

being so old you may be able to deal with top stitch directly(they are making the new tents)..  your older tent uses ideal zippers and the new ones use Ykk zippers...  there may also be other differences.   so if you order fromt he dealer they may not order the proper thing..

djmiller

You can purchase tents and awnings directly from Top-Stitch. Just let them know the year and manufacturer of your tent either Top Stitch or Veada.

abodyjoe

Quote from: Dan Miller on March 31, 2017, 08:33:31 AM
You can purchase tents and awnings directly from Top-Stitch. Just let them know the year and manufacturer of your tent either Top Stitch or Veada.

candie there told me to get in touch with you..

djmiller

She may have told you that if you have an older QuickSilver.  The older Quicksilver's had the door closer to the front (21 1/4") rather than the current (24 1/4").  She probably thought we may have one in stock and her lead time to manufacture one may be rather long.  At one time Livin' Lite sold factory direct parts but because of dealer agreements we can no longer do sot. Let me know what the dimension is from the front of your camper to the right side of the top of your door along with the model number and I will give you the part number you need to order if you would like to order through a dealer.  Otherwise you may want to give Candie a call oeder through top stitch as if it is and older model their will be a longer delivery time either way.

Best Regards,
-Dan