FNG from S.Jersey....

Started by abodyjoe, January 06, 2017, 07:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abodyjoe

i joined the other forum just in time to see its being shut down..   then i joined Aluminium Camper Forum and between the two i think i gathered enough decision to make a decent purchase....

today i drove to lancaster pa area to look at a 2010 QS 8.0.   i was on the fence about buying it. it needed a few things but was in decent shape i thought.  asking price was $3750 i know he would have come down some too... i  was gong to call the guy back about the 2015 unit i looked at the other day  to see if he would come down from the $6400 out the door price (also needing work) but before doing so i happened to walk past what i thought were 3 10.0 units.  then i looked and was like thats too short to be a 10.0.   it was in a lot better shape then any of the others there and turned out to be a 8.1.   i called the wife and talked to her about it and she thought the bed sizes would work out better for us.   so i got the sales man to open it up and i went over it.  looks good..  its a former rental like the others but is in pretty good shape i think..   ended up making a deal on it.  would only drop to $3700 ($4167 out the door) on it because he said it was rented a lot less then the 8.0 units.  said most preferred to have the same size beds on each end..    hopefully i did ok on it..

so i will pick it up on the 20th.    kinda excited..    going to have to figure out what supplies i'll have to bring camping now...

i guess my first question will be:    what do ya clean the canvass with?  this isn't horrible but has a few spots that need to be cleaned...    also is there anything you need to treat the canvass and cover with?  something like 303 Products Aerospace Protectant or anything?

here are a few crappy phone pics..

chappy133

Enjoy.

I know what FNG means too.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

Mjmoore17

Sounds and looks like you did well. I am sure you will enjoy your new camper. I can't help you with cleaning because I have the same question. Hopefully next time you come to this area, it will be nicer than today.

Michael
QS6 w Jeep Willys TV