Arvika bike rack

Started by tbrady, January 06, 2017, 11:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrady

Does anyone have any experience with the Arvika bike racks?  I'm considering purchasing one to carry bikes on the front of our trailer but hoping to find someone that has personal experience with them first.. (they are super pricey)

7thunders

Bike rack would be a good thing for us too, if there is a way to hook up/attach to rear bumper of our 16dbs.  rather than try to stow them inside. any suggestions? does LL have any accessories for bikes such as racks?
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

djmiller

We do not offer a bike rack accessory. There are ways of doing it and I am sure some one will chime in.

Front mounted bike racks
http://www.upnfront.com/
http://www.arvika.ca/en/

Many bike racks utilize a 2" hitch mounted system.  If this is done on any of the Livin'Lite bumpers, the weight of the bike hanging off the hitch will eventually create enough stress it will crack and eventually break the welds on the bumper. Though NOT FACTORY ENDORSED, by adding (welding) a second 2"x4"x.125 aluminum tube behind the existing bumper between the 2"x3"x.125 frame extensions also welded to the frame and the existing bumper will allow you to add a clamp around 2" receiver such as the Swagman 2" bumper adapter.

-Dan

livinthegoodlife

We bought the Arvika bike rack for two bikes and love, love, love it!  It is very easy to get the bikes on and off and they are very stable while traveling.  No movement at all.  We have had a number of bike racks and have found that this is by far the best one. Even though they are pricey, they are well worth the money.  Very well made too.  The company is quick to help with any questions you may have too. Highly recommend them.

tbrady

What kind of trailer do you have livinlife?

livinthegoodlife

We have a 2014 16TBS pulling with a Ford F150. We also at times pull with a Toyota FJ Cruiser.  The bike rack mounts on the front of the trailer over propane tanks. Very well built.

tbrady

Thanks!  I'm probably going to get the same rack...  Where did you purchase it from?  The cheapest I have found it is around $700 from racksforcars.com.

thanks again!!

livinthegoodlife

We got ours from RacksforCars too.  The company is more than generous with any questions that need answered. I think you will be more than happy with your buy!

7thunders

Can you show us a pic of the bike rack  with/without the bikes on, i'm curious how it fits over the tanks..thanks livinthegood.....
Rob & Judi
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

chappy133

Ours came from the factory with a 4x4 bumper to allow us to use the Swagman adapter.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

livinthegoodlife

Rob and Judi,

Sorry I have not been on the site for awhile.  I did go out and take a couple of pictures of the bike rack.  We do not have our propane tank on yet, but I think you can get the idea of the clearance from the top of the tank to the rails where the bikes are.  The first few show the bike rack folded up against the camper.

LG

7thunders

Thank you for those pics... haven't figured out what we might do yet, also may just put a rack on the roof of our TV., should be something to consider here.  Gotta figure what kinda vehicle roof rack would work now..LoL
thanks
Rob and Judi
Rob & Judi
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser