it begins

Started by fca, January 06, 2017, 10:06:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fca

ACF has been banned and posts removed. Like it or not a person expressing a viewpoint has already been sanitized...great way to build confidence LL. How long before you sanitize this account and comment?

djmiller

Just so everyone know's why ACF was removed.
Paul at Aluminum Camper Forum asked me to remove those as whom ever used that log-in appeared to be from him or his forum.  You are most welcome to check with him.
We do track IP addresses also and an account that not only uses a fake email address but their IP changes with most every post is a bit suspect.

Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention.

- Dan

tbrady

Sigh...  I would bet good money that FCA is no other than our old friend ACF and if so can you just please grow up and go away?  It's the best thing you can do if you really want to support the other forum.

Paul

Hi everyone, while I do appreciate that someone is making some advertisement for my forum, I do appreciate that this personne expressed is point of view but I think it might have gone a bit too far. That's why I had a discussion with djmiller asking him to delete the comments because it might have looked like they were from me or my forum and I didn't wanted to leave a bad impression from my forum here. At first I though it was amusing someone was posting about my forum and was glad that someone was taking the time to promote it here but I felt a bit uncomfortable with some of the comments.

ACF was created way before it was decided this forum changed host, it was created in 2015 and I have always participated in both forums and I never tried to say that ACF forum was better than this one. All I did as advertisement for my forum was having the address in my signature, which I plan doing over here too if it's not a problem.

I am not writing this to say that I am all in favor of the change that was made with this forum because I was sad and a bit mad that all the data was going away but I don't know both side of the story so I would like to give the benefit of the doubt that something might have happened which caused this. Anyway the old owner of the other forum gave me the chance to recover the old data over at ACF in an Archive form that people can use as a reference and I am really glad that he handed over the backup to me.

Have a good day everyone and I would like to says thanks to everyone that support me and my forum
http://aluminumcamperforum.com
2014 Ford Escape
2016 Ford F150 XTR 2.7l ecoboost  4x4
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2018 Camplite 21BHS (on order)

djsamuel

2013 Camplite 21BHS