Windows and privacy shades

Started by Biewers on the go, June 21, 2017, 12:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biewers on the go

Okay, I sure wish somewhere information and instructions on our new 2017 model window screens and shades existed.  I had NO idea that it seems that the only way we can have privacy in our camper is to close the shades, and yet these do not allow the air to pass through at all!  Granted, we can partially close them as they come up from the bottom which is helpful.  However, when sleeping when dry camping and no A/C, if we want to keep the sun out of our eyes at 5:30 a.m. this means we have to close them all the way to the top which is essentially the same as closing the window!  Seriously?  Who's idea was this one? 

Also, I thought our TC windows were supposed to be able to open outwards to varying degrees, well, the ones in the bunk cab- ???over won't do anything but all the way out, nor the dinette one.  The one above the sink will only open out 1/2 of what the others do or it comes out of the bracket.  Maybe mine are defective?  Can anyone point me to the instructions on these?  My dealership is useless on this since all makes and models are different. 

Thanks,
Rayne

DocktorJJ

On our 21BRS we went to Bed Bath & Beyond (after measuring windows in Trailer) and purchased tension rods and curtains.  Works like a charm. Matched our walls with a beige machine washable curtain and the rods are  inside the box valances.  Only window we chose not to do was the kitchen one - I personally do not like curtains near a stove.  Width was a stock 24 inch panels; length varies. We have the Alpine color interior.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

7thunders

DoctorJJ, did you have any issues drilling into wall? I would like to mount some curain rods too in our TT but afraid to drill into some wiring etc...
how did you do yours?
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

DocktorJJ

TENSION RODS from Bed bath and Beyond.  You set a screw on the rod, NO DRILLING.  Today, I took that bubble wrap insulation and made full panels to cover windows to keep sun out and improve cooling in summer/ heat in winter.  They pop in and out just like the ones made for car windshields.  They fit in the tracks for screen/shade.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Biewers on the go

Thanks for the tension rod up in the valance suggestion. I will check that out.

However, I would have preferred a breathable shade instead again, this mod will add another tiny bit of weight to my rig.

Rayne

Seattle-TC11

My TC11 had the mini blind very poorly installed.  The little swivel brackets look like this ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQIHVWW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ).  One of mine broke when I took off the blind.  That said, they mounted these bracket devices directly over the little plastic piece that rotates inside of the blind, not allowing it to spin.  The blinds did not rotate completely and would not provide any privacy.  The solution was actually pretty simple.  I just move the brackets along the window frame to a location that does not interfere with the blind spinning.  Problem solved.  This isn't exactly what you were requesting, but it might help with a blind that is not working correctly.