Mattress thoughts 21 RBS

Started by JazzyPigsGA, June 20, 2017, 09:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JazzyPigsGA

We are thinking about upgrading our 2018 queen OEM bed to a ' real' bed. We slept on a firm bed. Can we use a Serta or something like our bed? I question wieght and off gassing. Thoughts? Thx

DocktorJJ

We had our mattress custom made here in Florida by the Original mattress factory.  We bought 2 sets; one complete set for home and one top mattress for our 21RBS.  They put it in our trailer and our house.  You can have them remove old mattress for an additional charge.  We love them!!!  Only down side was they are a heavy and the bed struts will not hold them up like the light OEM mattress.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Mr Smith

I purchased my mattress from Walmart.  I have a 2017 21 RBS.  Mr Smith
2017 CL 21RBS  aluminum cabinets, dinette
2000 Ford E-150 4.6L  conversion van

Capt J-rod

My wife ordered the Leesa bed for the house. It was a little pricey for a hunk of foam, but it is pretty comfy. There are other foam beds as well. I see no reason that you couldn't cut it to size if it didn't fit. I think this is the route I will go in the spring.

Dseames

We just bought a used 16 DB  that has a regular mattress. It is very comfy,  but extremely difficult to put on bedding. Any ideas as to make putting on the fitted sheet any easier?  With chronic fatigue syndrome,  it wears me out, and can't do much of anything else for the rest of the day.

Also very difficult to raise bed for storage access.  I wish there were two exterior access doors, one on either side. We only have one on one side of the trailer. 

Dseames

Another idea, is to use an air mattress with a good foam or temperpedic topper. We have slept on one before, and thought it was extremely comfortable.  Much less costly, lighter weight, easier to make up, and easier to lift for storage access. Would also lighten the overall weight of the trailer.

We have just decided to try it, so will take out the heavy regular mattress to give it a shot. We can always put it back in.

My husband has also been looking into getting stronger struts for under the bed storage, but may not need them with an air mattress.

rgb13qbb

We replaced the original 60x80 inch queen mattress in our 2012 13QBB with the 5.5 Elation mattress from Mattressinsider. They are a Denver Colorado based company / USA manufacturer.   https://www.mattressinsider.com/memory-foam-rv-mattresses-2.html  We are thrilled with the mattress, it rivals the comfort of the $2,000 box spring and mattress at home!  I have used hunting clothing with CoolMax fabric for years and it works as great on bedding as well. The ability to flip the mattresses and have the choose of firmness is a great added value. Mattressinsiders customer service is second to none. The second trip with our new mattress I noticed when we stripped the bedding off at the end of the trip that there was edge seam that was open for about three inches. I called Mattressinsiders and they had a warranty replacement to us in five days at no expense to us what so ever. On top of that they said if we knew of a charity or needy family that could use the mattress to donate it to them. My wife stitched the seam and we found the mattress a new home. Great products, great service, you can not beat that.

bae146

Quote from: Dseames on October 31, 2017, 01:53:24 PM
We just bought a used 16 DB  that has a regular mattress. It is very comfy,  but extremely difficult to put on bedding. Any ideas as to make putting on the fitted sheet any easier?  With chronic fatigue syndrome,  it wears me out, and can't do much of anything else for the rest of the day.

Also very difficult to raise bed for storage access.  I wish there were two exterior access doors, one on either side. We only have one on one side of the trailer.

You can upgrade the struts that lift the bed. Our mattress lifts on its own if there are no blankets on it.

I can get you the load rating of the struts when I get home from work.

Paul

You could use sleeping bag instead?
http://aluminumcamperforum.com
2014 Ford Escape
2016 Ford F150 XTR 2.7l ecoboost  4x4
2015 Camplite 13QBB
2018 Camplite 21BHS (on order)

gglkap1

We have a 2015 21rbs. The original struts were 40#. Changed them to 60# so that the storage area would stay open with a heavier mattress and bed clothes.

Gerald

K Syrah Syrah

Weight is a consideration. A nice fiber/featherbed topper would be good. Foam mattresses can be hot, and heavy. If a memory foam pad is under a fiber bed topper, OMG! So comfy!....and yet, it breathes.
2018 CL14DBS XL Platinum
TV='14 Nissan Pathfinder
...as Doris says, with a bold red in hand, "Whatever will be, will be."
😁🍷

K Syrah Syrah

There is a product called Beddy's. Think of them as an investment in your well being.

https://beddys.com/
2018 CL14DBS XL Platinum
TV='14 Nissan Pathfinder
...as Doris says, with a bold red in hand, "Whatever will be, will be."
😁🍷

Red_pepper

We changed out the mattress on our 2013 16DB to a "real" mattress.  Made sleeping wonderful!  The downside for that camper (aside from the work of getting the mattress inside and onto the bed) was the extra weight pretty much eliminated the ability to lift the bed for under-bed storage access.  But we had a repair shop install a side door on our camper, making access a breeze. 

nhlakes

In our 21RBS we added a 3" memory foam https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H2OCVYO and it was a huge improvement - but  still looking for a little more for my back.   We have a old 2" foam pad that we're going to stick under the memory foam next time out.

2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd