Started by Swilky, January 05, 2017, 04:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chappy133

Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

Copperdog

Did you mount it to the plastic battery box on the front of the trailer? Just the positive cable? I would be concerned about corrosion from rain and road salt? I have always disconnected the cables from the battery which is a minor pain. Thanks,   

Swilky

On the side of the battery box. Mounted it so it was flush to outside of box with most of switch inside.
Negative side of the battery goes through the switch.
It is a marine grade switch.

Cindee

I am mounting mine inside a standard outdoor electrical box with a hinged cover (on side of battery box.

ADR

My 2018 16TBS came with a battery disconnect switch inside the front compartment.   Don't know if that is standard or optional.

DavidM

Another way to kill two birds with one stone is a surface mounted circuit breaker like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIGK346/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It is waterproof.

It provides for a breaker to protect the wire from the battery, that most RVs never have for some reason as well as a switch. I mounted mine on the unused break away battery box after I rewired the brakeaway switch directly to the house battery.

David

K Syrah Syrah

Quote from: ADR on April 07, 2018, 01:33:41 PM
My 2018 16TBS came with a battery disconnect switch inside the front compartment.   Don't know if that is standard or optional.

I believe it was added to later models.
2018 CL14DBS XL Platinum
TV='14 Nissan Pathfinder
...as Doris says, with a bold red in hand, "Whatever will be, will be."
😁🍷

hat4rvn

Quote from: DavidM on April 07, 2018, 01:45:20 PM
Another way to kill two birds with one stone is a surface mounted circuit breaker like this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIGK346/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. It is waterproof.

It provides for a breaker to protect the wire from the battery, that most RVs never have for some reason as well as a switch. I mounted mine on the unused break away battery box after I rewired the brakeaway switch directly to the house battery.

I will try your circuit breaker idea.  Can you elaborate on the brakeaway switch. Isn't that separate for safety purposes? Or is it separate in case the 12V is dead?