Bed Supports on 2015 Quicksilver 6.0 (off-road package) Tent Camper

Started by Alan Fletcher, June 12, 2017, 10:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Fletcher

While the bed supports appear to be a little flimsy, they seem to be sufficiently supporting the 2 of us, so far. The brackets that the spring loaded legs snap into, appear to be bent from a 90 degree angle to about 120 degrees.  Wondering if that's the designed angle or have we bent them.  Looks like the legs could easily pop out.  See photo. Any reason to be concerned?    Appreciate any feed back I can get!

Thanks, Alan

djmiller

It looks like maybe at one time it was maybe set on uneven ground and bent the bracket.  The screws are a number 2 square bit.  I would maybe pull it off and bend it back a bit.

Alan Fletcher

Thanks Dan!

Both brackets look the same, and I don't see any cracking in the bracket paint which would indicate they have been bent, which is why I'm wondering if they were designed that way.  I'm also a little afraid that if they are bent, attempting to bend them might weaken them?  And if they were designed the way they are, bending would then damage them. Was hoping that others that have a 6.0 could tell me if their brackets look the same. Sent an email to Livin Lite, but they are a little slow in responding to these types of questions.

Alan

Alan Fletcher

Sorry Dan! Intended to say that "no cracking in the paint would indicate that the brackets have NOT been bent."

djmiller

Alan,

Eventually your email would come back to me anyway LOL..... I am sending that image to our plant and will be going over later today anyway.

-Dan

Alan Fletcher

Oops! Sorry Dan! Appreciate your help! I have the off-road package on my 6.0. Any possibility of my obtaining a set of legs, like those on the new Jeep tent camper,  and installing those on mine?

djmiller

Alan,

They are not bent that is the way they are manufactured.

-Dan

Alan Fletcher

lethaltoenails

Just got my 6.0 gently used, noted the supports are bent like this too... was wondering about taking them off and trying to straighten them out.  Only one is bent, but it makes me a little insecure, I'd hate to have it fail.  I will investigate removing them as directed above... perhaps others have had similar experience in fixing theirs??  ???

Alan Fletcher

See Dan's (Livin Lite) note above. They are not bent. That's the way they are designed. Suggest you not try to bend them as you may weaken them.

djmiller

Thanks Alan,

They more than likely are not bent.  They were manufactured that way to allow them to easily clip into the lock position.
I do however understand why one may think they look bent.  I can tell you that that is the same same design that has been in use for over 10 years.
That does not mean they could not be bent but to my knowledge there has never been a problem.   

Mjmoore17

QS6 w Jeep Willys TV