Air Conditioner for Jeep extreme

Started by Scooter, June 11, 2017, 11:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter

Living and camping in south Alabama, I would like to add AC in my 2011 Jeep Moab Extreme. It there a kit from Living Lite to make this installation possible, or do I need to figure this out on my own? Thanks for any help...

Scooter

djmiller

Scooter,

It probably could be done but we did not offer that in the the Jeep editions as the A/C's never would have survived the road tests to earn the trail rated badges. LOL
You may find some one here on the forum that may have done so however. It would be possible but we do not offer a kit.

-Dan

DocktorJJ

Bought my 21RBS in Southern AL.  I would suggest you contact RV Collision Repair they are a Linin Lite Dealer.  I drove 10 hours from Florida to buy our trailer and was treated fairly by all the Yessick family.  They are a family business.  Recently I had an issue caused by me; I picked up the phone ordered the part and they promptly shipped it to me.  They repair RV's and I was given a tour of the shop. I grew up in construction and what I saw impressed even me on the quality and pride they have!  An a/c unit install can be done by an owner, but why not get it installed by a dealer that actually sells Linin Lite's and knows the product?

RV Collision Repair   7550 Theodore Dawes Road  Theodore, AL. 36582    251-653-6880

Hope this helps.

2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Scooter

Thanks guys! I appreciate the answers and also the dealer contact. Very happy with the camper and do use it off road during hunting season, so probably best to figure out a way to use a unit that can be left at home when not needed or just tough it out during the few times of summer camping with fans.

Scooter

Astrolite

Have you looked into the air conditioner any further? I too have the Jeep Extreme and would like to add air. Seems like it wouldn't be too difficult if we could get whatever bracket Livin' Lite uses to mount the air conditioner and a little guidance as to how they seal around it once it's in. The hardest part would be getting up the nerve to cut a hole in the side of the camper, LOL.

Astrolite

Scooter

I guess I just gave up on the idea. Used a couple of fans about a month ago and it does ok once the sun goes down. Didn't have any problem sleeping at night. But during the day it's like an oven. Just have to keep busy doing other stuff during sunny periods. From what I have read, it's close to impossible to get it cool enough during the day here in central Alabama with 95 to 105 degree heat waves!
I do use mine off road and just didn't want to take the chance with cutting the wall and making an installation and then find out I killed the AC unit bouncing it around on rough roads...

Scooter

djmiller

Thanks for the update Scooter.  We do not officially have a kit but it would take a different cabinet (not as deep),  Some aluminum extrusions on the outside, a snap on vinyl cover for the A/C, and of course the A/C itself.
If you are really going off road not just for looks.... I would not think I would want it either. Also takes external power to run it.... which if your actually going off road you probably would not have 120V A/C anyway.

-Dan

Rehoboamuhl

If you've ever had trouble finishing an assignment, you'll be interested to learn which essaygeeks review Many websites make the claim to be the best resources for students, and many services are provided to help with homework

olivia9203

As parents, we always want to ensure that our little ones are receiving the best care possible. When it comes to oral hygiene, this is no exception. https://alltoddlerneeds.com/best-toddler-toilet-seat/

Muctancer67

thanks for the answer I had the same problem and it helped me to understand better
Nice to meet you!