LED Tail Lights 2013 21BHS

Started by djsamuel, June 06, 2017, 07:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djsamuel

Is there any documentation about the LED tail lights on my 2013 21BHS? They are made by Optronics but I can't find information showing how to take the cover off and remove them. I have a few rows of LEDs out and I would like to take a look at fixing or replacing the light. I can't figure out how to get the cover off. Thanks.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

djsamuel

Quote from: Dan Miller on June 07, 2017, 01:51:28 PM
They are not made to be serviced.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=STL-78RB

-Dan

Thanks Dan.  I didn't think I could do much with them, however, the ones on my trailer are a little different in that there are no visible mounting screws.  Are the ones you listed the ones that Livinlite now uses on the Camplites?  I assume they would be a suitable replacement for the ones currently installed.

Thanks again,

Doug
2013 Camplite 21BHS

djmiller

Doug,

No they are not.  They made a change and took them out of the bumper and moved them up on the body.
Unfortunately when they did that they did not take into consideration the license plate mount and light and partially covered a tail light.
You probably remember that one.  I believe there is a reflective snap on ring on yours https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Optronics/A78RXB.html that covers the screws.

They just recently also moved the clearance lights up from the frame into the body not only eliminating quite a bit of problematic frame wiring but looks much cleaner.

My kids are telling me it is getting warm do there now.  Perfect weather here today though. Too bad it is so short lived LOL.

-Dan

djsamuel

Thanks Dan.  This is a big help.

Yes it is getting warmer now, but we are finally getting rain!  It's been really dry and some wildfires.  Much better after 6" of rain over the last 3 days.

The heat isn't bad and then it beautiful from November to May.  :D

Thanks again,

Doug
2013 Camplite 21BHS