Customer handout on the FLUSHER for the black water tank

Started by Biewers on the go, May 23, 2017, 10:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biewers on the go

Hi All, I have been trying to figure out what this water inlet on the side of my camper is for, and I finally did but on other forums.  Anyhow, it was confusing because it has a CAUTION sticker above saying, "Do not use the tank flusher valve unless the FULL WAY TERMINATION VALVE is in the open position.  Seriously???  So, since I could not find this full way valve mentioned anywhere in my literature other than the page explaining how to use my flusher I next went to the website of the company that made the Flusher and had made the instructions sheet which says something entirely different but much clearer. "Sewar valve must be open when using this inlet."  still not perfectly clear for sure, but better.  Guess what, they do not have FLUSHER instructions on their site anymore, they are listed but the link has been removed.  WWW.BandBmolders.com (no caps).  So, now I am wondering if this is the correct one in my tank after all???  Oh, and ther instruction sheet separate from the manual also says to turn on the open the faucet valve and flush until water is clear from the discharge hose???? 
Which faucet valve are they referring to?  The one at the other end of the hose attached to the utility pole at the campground or at home?  Thanks, these things make me crazy, just use plain English please.

Dan Miller, can you address this? 

Thanks,
Rayne

djmiller

That exact wording you should find on every RV that uses a flush tank value on the same sticker.  Part of NFPA code 1192-37.7.5.3.7.
The sewer valve is referred to as a FULLWAY TERMINATION VALVE.  Another one of those rules and regulations all RV manufacturers have to comply with.

Biewers on the go

Good heavens, where do these people live?  Thank you for the clarification Dan, but is the faucet valve they are referring to in the instructions the one I think it is per my initial post here?  like the one I use to water the garden with a hose right?

Thanks,
Rayne

djmiller

Yes the one that is right by the sticker.  The Fullway valve is what us common folk call the dump valve LOL.

chappy133

I have been able to remove 90% of the stickers off our trailer. Best to keep that black valve open when using the black flush connection. I do close mine count to twenty and open the valve to help flush out the tank.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

Biewers on the go

What did you use to remove the stickers?  I want the one from our RV place off of there asap, and I currently have an issue with gooey duct tape remains too.  What a mess.
Thanks,
Rayne

chappy133

Finger nails on the sides and a razor blade on the tube aluminum.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA