CampLite > CampLite Travel Trailers

One tire wearing on outside edge only???

(1/4) > >>

Dirk:
I have a tire that is showing wear on the outside edge. The other tire shows normal wear.
I have a 2016 13 ft BHB.
Do I have a bent spindel if so do I have to replace the axle?
I'm I correct that the axle is a #10 Dexter.

djmiller:
We have never experienced a bent spindle.  Not saying it couldn't happen but extremely unlikely.
May want to have your dealer check it out.

-Dan

Dirk:
I would love to be able to take it to my dealer... I phoned them and all I got was "sorry we no longer sell travel trailers"
They dropped Livin Lite trailers like a hot potato .
Now what?

wakeboydb:
It could possibly be a defective tire, sounds odd but I've seen it before on a car. If a belt has snapped, missing a section or something similar, it could happen.

djsamuel:

--- Quote from: wakeboydb on May 09, 2017, 07:18:30 AM ---It could possibly be a defective tire, sounds odd but I've seen it before on a car. If a belt has snapped, missing a section or something similar, it could happen.

--- End quote ---

Agree.  Are these the original tires?  If so, the ones that came on mine (Vail) were junk.  At first all tires were wearing evenly and then I had one replaced under warranty due to a slit in the sidewall.  That Vale tire wore MUCH more quickly than the other tires, even when I rotated them.  I replaced them Carlisle Radial Trail RH tires (now Radial Trail HD).  they are excellent and wear evenly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version