Roof Weight Limit

Started by 7thunders, May 05, 2017, 04:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7thunders

I have a 16 DBS Travel Trailer,   Is there a weight limit or anything I should be aware of should I Need to get on the roof?
I saw the video on roof care awhile ago and this was a question that came up in my mind.  thank you.

Rob
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

djsamuel

I'm about 200 pounds and I can walk on the roof of my 21BHS with no problem.  It is a 2013 with the aluminum roof.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

djmiller

Rob,

Our units were never actually rated as a walk on roof however that is how the A/C's are installed.
-Dan

7thunders

Thanks, I don't have a need to walk on the roof other than to clean or maintain it 1 or 2 times a year...
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

kluanie

I just installed 2 MaxAir vent covers on our new 16BHB with the membrane roof. At 210# I kept my weight mostly over the rafters but a few times had to kneel between them. The roof fel plenty strong to support my weight.

klaker

I am 160 lbs and walked around on my 21BHS installing fan vents, it is a 2016 with the aluminum roof.

The manufacturer likely rates it as zero weight for liability concerns.

LANA/LARRY

Ditto others' on roof support. I installed fan covers on our CL21RBS membrane roof with no problem.
2018 CL21RBS
2016 Tundra Dbl Cab Tow Pkg 5.7 L

garymcclellan

How about the new TPO roofs? I need to get up there to install an easystart on my AC unit. Should I lay down plywood to stand on or should it be ok? Thanks

Bluewaterbound

Ply would not needed just walk on the ribs. I'm 185 pounds and have done a lot work on the roof, new vents, 4 solar panels, moved antenna I even added a ladder to get up and down when traveling.
I also have walked, knelt between the ribs and it flexes but holds. Will be adding a kayak rack soon.

garymcclellan

Quote from: Bluewaterbound on April 03, 2018, 12:34:39 PM
I even added a ladder to get up and down when traveling.

Any pictures of the ladder you added? I've been thinking of doing this too.