XL package

Started by majofive, August 30, 2017, 11:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

majofive

I am considering a 21RBS and cannot see what the XL package adds. It looks like all the items are standard. Has anyone bought it and what is the value? Thanks! Any other options/upgrades a must have?

LANA/LARRY

There are quite a few features added with the XL Package which I was lead to believe are upgrades over standard 21RBS. We recently bought and received a 2018 21RBS and opted for the XL option. In our scouting phase, we didn't see any units without XL Pkg added. I think the trailer would be pretty "Plain Jain" without it. It is an expensive option though with list price at $3498.60 (of course discounted significantly with dealing).

We opted for the 30 lb LP Tanks... very inexpensive option. We also went with dinette set up VS jackknife sofa... but will say our table is irritating with wobbling (we have a work around in progress on table, can pass along to you if your decice on this route).

We opted for the Offroad Pkg even though we don't expect to "rough it" that much. We like the extra ground clearance which allowed us to bolt on a few optional storage add on's without concern over dragging. Main feature I was after was 15" VS 14" tires - not sure but I think the tires are rated higher sidewall ply & fewer revolutions lead to less bearing wear, etc. A possible negative though is higher trailer profile may negatively impact fuel economy some.

We highly recommend the power awning with LED lighting.... we love this feature.

We got the Fantastic Fan... but question whether it's worth the premium... for us, we mostly use A/C and standard fans aren't bad (we have one Fantastic, one standard). Also, the exterior hoods for fans (allows use when raining) are much more expensive for Fantastic Fan. The standard covers fit Fantastic Fan, but restrict airflow to point it's not much better than standard fan.

Power tongue jack was worth it to us.

We went with Maple cabinetry which is pretty, but suggest you consider the aluminum door option. IMO they are not as attractive but should be very durable and have better closures to keep doors secure during towing. Not that the wooden cabinets are bad though. Not sure what list price is for aluminum doors.

Good luck, bargain hard, enjoy a really fine camper!  Larry
2018 CL21RBS
2016 Tundra Dbl Cab Tow Pkg 5.7 L

klaker

Found this online:

XL Living Package: Includes Low Profile 13.5K BTU Penguin A/C; High Power Vortex Vents; Tank Monitoring System; Dual LP Tanks with Tank Cover, Lightweight European Double Acrylic Glazed Windows with Built-In Day/Night Shades, Wood Plank Vinyl Flooring; and Upgraded Leatherette Seating & Cushions, 6 Gallon Gas/Electric Water Heater - IPO Standard, Convectional Microwave Oven, 22" LED TV - (14's, 16's 21's) Black tank flush kit, Power Tongue Jack. All options available for most Livin' Lite Camplite Models.

Was a post about a 2016 model, no doubt some details may have changed but it probably close.