spreader bars

Started by MBR, April 22, 2017, 09:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBR

Has anyone added an additional spreader bar?  Or 2?  I'm thinking of trying 2, out near the sides, both to support the door a little better, (It sags, esp. when rolled up), and to provide a place to hang some light hanging storage containers.  Thoughts?  Any concerns about water pooling on top?  Thanks

PDXcamper

On my 8.1 never had any problem with just one bar. I've also never seen water pool on the top section, just a little where the top seam meets the side. FWIW, my trailer is a 2011 model and to this day the top has never leaked a drop. My tent manufactured by Veada. Being in the Pacific Northwest, my top has seen its share of rainy days.

MB

This belongs in the department of "Why didn't I think of that?"

Thanks to the first owner of our 10.0, these two combo spreader/LED light bars effectively stretch our canvas roof above the door & sink.  They also bathe us in ample light for nighttime reading and for my wife's make-up application and removal rituals.  (We rarely turn both LED strips on together.)

The only caveat is I need to remember to zip on our awning BEFORE we install the bars because they torque-up the canvas zippers where they cross the curves in the Bimini tubes.

Railsnstiles

How absolutely cool is that !

Any idea asto the led bar source?

markjazzbassist

there is a site that sells the parts.  you just have to buy aluminum conduit at home depot and have them cut it for you.  here's the site.

http://www.qs-parts.com/

i'm thinking about adding 2 bars, 1 on each side and having hanging storage (like hanging shoe storage) for additional storage.  the guy who makes these parts posted this on the QS facebook group.