Broken weld on way home from dealer

Started by AZMVP, April 15, 2017, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZMVP

Super excited to have the new rig, until I checked it out in this morning. I live in Northern AZ and there isn't a livinlite dealer in my state. Super disappointed to find the fresh water holding tank sitting on my axle by the time I got back from the dealer.  I have a 2018 16BHB with offroad package... and the welds on the water holding tank aren't strong enough to hold up to the freeway?  How is the going to do on forest service roads?  Super disappointing.  My closest dealer is 800 miles away and the dealer I purchased the unit from is 1200 miles away.  The dealer told me to get it fixed, send them the invoice, and they would reimburse me and they would seek reimbursement from livinlite. I appreciate the dealer working with me, I don't appreciate not being able to use the new trailer. Fingers crossed I don't have an issues when seeking reimbursement.

Matt

DavidM

Matt:

That is a bummer. It doesn't matter that you are many miles from a dealer. They can't fix it themselves anyway. Get a good local aluminum welder to do it. Have him check the other welds. LL will pay. This is a huge quality PR problem for LL and they will want to make you happy. Just like United Airlines and Dr. Dao ;-).

David

AZMVP

I can only hope that is the case! Otherwise only minor stuff...  :)  Assuming a gap at the bottom of the door is minor. Dealer believes the gap wasn't there when it left. Any ideas what would cause the door to be tight at the top and not the bottom?  Does this speak to hinge alignment?  Or does this possibly speak to other faulty workmanship?  Thoughts?

Matt

kluanie

We have a 2017 BHB that had door adjustment issues when we received it also. It was towed by commercial transport from Tennessee to Washington so we never saw the trailer before it arrived. I noticed the day after arrival that there was water on the floor inside the entrance. No biggie, I adjusted the door to close the gap and no more leaks.The bigger problem has been closing and opening the bathroom door. If the trailer is not perfectly level sideways front and back the door doesn't want to latch. I think these TTs are very flexible which is a good thing. I suspect that the first long tow tends to settle the trailer to its final "shape" kind of like a new house gets its final shape here in WA after its 1st earthquake.

Maxpintx

I try to find people. The story is shared about the issues mentioned in the thread.

Maxpintx

Like I have long seen this issue. This is a good example. With this interesting debate again.